Cousin Horace updated

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Cousin Horace updated

Post by Alessandro »

My contribution to the Horace saga, Cousin Horace, has been updated:
  • in Chapter 1, you now start with 40 units of health instead of 20, and the medikit gives you 10 units of health instead of 5;
  • Chapter 2 now has custom sound effects;
  • Chapter 3 and 5 have been cleansed of the "ULA Plus bug", a fault in the AGD game designer which caused the game to display false colors under certain configurations, e.g. the ZX Vega;
  • all TZX files (except for the intro) have been customized with the SetoLOAD turbo loader.
For now, the updated game and documentation can be downloaded from my website only. In the next few weeks, its entry in the SC archive should be updated as well.

Enjoy!
Magnus
Dizzy

Re: Cousin Horace updated

Post by Magnus »

Looks great! Fantastic artwork and attention to detail as usual.
My ZX Spectrum emulator project: https://softspectrum48.weebly.com.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Newsflash: A user reported that when loaded on a 128K and later models, sound might get garbled in Chapter 2. I fixed the issue and tested the level to be sure there were no more. Please download the game again, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I also increased lives in that chapter from 5 to 8 to make it a bit easier.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Feedback for the updated game has been positive so far, but a recurring criticism was that the second chapter was too difficult, with many resilient enemies to shoot down. I modified it so that there are a little less of them flying around, and all of them take 2 shots to be destroyed, except for the blimp and the V-1, which only take one. You can download the new package from the usual address on my website, will send the updated files to the SC archive as well.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

If anyone is interested, the second batch of tapes of Cousin Horace (the first one was sold out after a few days!) is available for purchase at Bitmap Soft.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Alessandro wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:56 pm If anyone is interested, the second batch of tapes of Cousin Horace (the first one was sold out after a few days!) is available for purchase at Bitmap Soft.
Bought it a few days ago, must be receiving it... ;)