Hide “File Downloads” section in publisher results?

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Hide “File Downloads” section in publisher results?

Post by toot_toot »

Hello!

A bit of “user experience” feedback which I think would make the site a lot more usable on mobile devices.

When you are on a game listing and click on a publisher, say in this example Ocean, the results show a massive list of file downloads first - press images, author images, general adverst etc, then after a massive amount of scrolling you get to the games published by that company.

It makes it a very frustrating experience if you’re looking for games published by a company by just clicking on the publisher link in a game listing. But when you click on page 2, you get the exact same file download section taking massive space at the start!!

Is it possible to have the file downloads section “hidden”, like magazine reviews in the individual games listing?

Here’s an example link: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... l_id=10508

Try it on mobile and hopefully you’ll see what I mean!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Hide “File Downloads” section in publisher results?

Post by R-Tape »

I know what you mean. I've been frustrated by this plenty of times too. I'd rather it wasn't hidden though, as I think many people will miss it. Can it only display on page 1?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Hide “File Downloads” section in publisher results?

Post by PeterJ »

That sounds a sensible compromise. I'm not sure who created that page, but can take a look.