The best modern Speccy game beginning with I: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best modern Speccy game beginning with I: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Phew, with the Mastertronic polls out of the way, I can now resume our A-Z of post-1993ish post-commercial-era ZX Spectrum games.

Right, as I always say, I know almost nothing about the homebrew scene, so this is where you have seven days to nominate titles of modern ZX Spectrum games (this time beginning with I), and then I run a week-long poll here starting from next week.

Away you go!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Nick
Manic Miner

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with I: discussion

Post by Nick »

It's Wet Jelly - a JSW mod
International Kickboxing - it appeared on one of their covertapes in 1993, does it count as a modern game due to it appearing at the very end of the Spectrum's commercial life?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Nick wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm It's Wet Jelly - a JSW mod
International Kickboxing - it appeared on one of their covertapes in 1993, does it count as a modern game due to it appearing at the very end of the Spectrum's commercial life?
I've always thought 1993 the last year of 'classic' era as some companies still released games then.

For example, Gremlin also released a racing game that year IIRC.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Can't add much to Daren's list. This interactive fiction deserves a mention:

In Nihilum Reverteris
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Nick wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm International Kickboxing - it appeared on one of their covertapes in 1993, does it count as a modern game due to it appearing at the very end of the Spectrum's commercial life?
I wouldn't put it the 'modern' era, definitely in the 'classic' because there was some commercial presence in mainstream shops. From my perspective, the last Your Sinclair issue in 1993 is pretty much the marking of the end.

I think it was Gremlin's Nigel Mansell Grand Prix thing that was the last commercial game, but there could have been a few others.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!