The best Speccy game by The Edge: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by The Edge: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Dear Mr Prodge,

My client wishes to warn you that you are currently trying to discuss his games company The Edge, using the word 'edge' without his permission. As you will know, we vigorously defend the brand 'The Edge', 'Edge', 'EDGE', 'edge', 'EdGe', 'Edges', 'eDGE', WWE wrestler Christian's former tag-team partner, Microsoft's last gasp at trying to offer a web browser, edge, edges and literally any distance between two vertices on a solid object.

Yeah, alright, we got caught out pretending a floppy disk was from 1991 even though a deep examination found the contents to be made under Windows 95 when we foolishly tried to sue Future Publishing for in a dispute about Edge magazine, and further humiliated in other failed legal cases, but we warn you not to start writing your post with a parody of a legal letter aimed at you, because...
oh I can't keep this up.

So, the Edge, a games brand by Softek International, which took over from just plain Softek in about 1984 for a lot of their games output. (ACE is another brand that I'm treating separately.) It was 're-founded' (if that's a word) over in California by Softek owner Tim Langdell back in 1990.

They weren't a huge player, but did release some highly notable full price games for the Speccy.

I think the Fairlight games are going to be appreciated a lot here, and of course, licenses for comic strip characters Garfield and Snoopy (which became absolutely huge in the late 80s). Then there's Bobby Bearing, and Brian Bloodaxe. The original stuff tends to be of pretty good quality.

Bobby Bearing
Brian Bloodaxe
Darius+
Fairlight
Fairlight II
Garfield - Big, Fat, Hairy Deal
Garfield - Winter's Tail
Inside Outing
Mindstone
Psi Chess
Psytraxx
Shadow Skimmer
Shao-Lin's Road
Snoopy
Starbike
That's The Spirit
Warlock

Any amends or feedback of any kind, get it in this thread as I'll start the week-long poll next Sunday...
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by The Edge: discussion

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

It seems all the games have been posted. No nees to add anything

But for me, The Edge is Fairlight. No need to say more! ;)
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Fairlight for me to. I was blown away when I first saw it and when I finally got a ‘ahem’ copy I just could not stop playing it. From the gorgeous intro music, the amazing graphics, the physics of different object, the fact you could push objects with other objects and having a huge castle to explore made just sucked me in and I was lost in there for hours and hours. One of my favourite games.
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

stupidget wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 pm Fairlight for me to. I was blown away when I first saw it and when I finally got a ‘ahem’ copy
..Tim Langdell wants to know your location..