Happy birthday, SC

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Happy birthday, SC

Post by Rorthron »

I think it was SC's 2nd birthday last week (first post: 9 Nov 2017). Happy belated birthday.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Happy birthday, SC

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you [mention]Rorthron[/mention]

We actually had the main website for around 6 months before we created the forum. I remember those internal discussions about if we should start a forum, and would it get any posts and how would we manage it. I'm so glad we made the decision we did! It's a great crowd here.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Yes, sorry. I meant the 2nd birthday of the SC forum.

Keep up the good work.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Happy birthday !!!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Cripes, I didn't realise. Two years, 66 updates (with one imminent), and what must be about 600 billion small bugs reported/fixed!

Who knows where the world is going generally, but as far as the speccy scene goes—it's hard to tell how 'old fashioned' forums will fare when much (most?) of the activity is on FB/twitter these days, and more and more people are choosing itch.io as the exclusive home of their stuff. Whatever happens, things are going well here, and it's still fun :)

Happy Birthday SC Forum.

And thanks to Juan for the meme thread! (oh and thanks for the SC site Peter :mrgreen: )
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Don't think FB/twitter can be compared to a forum. No organization or search abilities, no threads....
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Happy birthday to the best Spectrum forum on the net and thanks to the SC team for keeping up a great work.

Because of it SC is the best DB for the Spectrum (for example, the best inlays, tons of instructions not included in any other site and new developments).

And all of it in spite of the meme thread, I'd say, [mention]R-Tape[/mention] ! :mrgreen:
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Well done on creating a haven from the toxicity and vileness that is seemingly engulfing some areas of retro computing scene. Congrats to all who manage SC.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I was going to write something clever here but actually I don't have any good line ;)

So, I'd just like to say that like others I'm happy that this place exists. It's like an oasis in the desert.

Retro communities changed for worse in recent years. There's a lot of toxicity, fighting and big egos. Alos a lot of people moved to Facebook.
I'm not a digital fossil and use Facebook myself but these groups are just inferior to a classic, old, good forum. Lots of pictures but also
lower post quality, total mess, impossible to return to a topic after some time.

Also big thanks to Peter and RTape for keeping this place alive.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

Happy Birthday. One of the few sites that is one of my daily visits. I don't post much, generally throw a vote into the "best of" threads and chip in here and there. To all who have created/manitained/assisted with the site, i salute you.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Happy birthday!

(I am a man of few words how [mention]R-Tape[/mention] said. :-D)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

pavero wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm Happy birthday!

(I am a man of few words how @R-Tape said. :-D)
Heh. You missed out the important bit :)
Man of action and few words.
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

Indeed, congratulations Pete, Dave and all the crew, you made possible to have such a nice Spectrum place in the Internet :)
Cosmium
Microbot

Post by Cosmium »

Ralf wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 am So, I'd just like to say that like others I'm happy that this place exists. It's like an oasis in the desert.
Me too! I'm glad I found it. There's a good, friendly vibe here.

And I'm happy it's a forum - it's very accessible, usable and straight forward - and not a social media format, even if that means it's not as "fashionable" ;). Congrats!