uMIA - Mini View

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

jpnz
Manic Miner

uMIA - Mini View

Post by jpnz »

In the past I'd ordered some utilities from Prism PD and have recently been going through the tapes

One of the utilities is Mini View, a small and simple program to load a CODE file and display an ASCII representation

This is V1.3C written by C. Taylor

SPACE terminates the current menu, press any other key to continue

Quick demo

Here's a TAP/TZX etc

Interesting to note the other utilities that are listed on the first menu, presumably they are uMIA as well!
jpnz
Manic Miner

Re: uMIA - Mini View

Post by jpnz »

Just a quick bump

The author has left a message in the Mini View code to describe it's purpose:

Download has been updated

Incidentally there does seem to have been some bad blood between the author and Prism PD - NSFW-ish link here - it's a thread about a sweary named demo and it's scrolly text messages
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Thanks. I missed this last time. Adding ready for the next, with genre "Utility: Undetermined", unless someone thinks another is more appropriate.
jpnz wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:56 am Incidentally there does seem to have been some bad blood between the author and Prism PD - NSFW-ish link here - it's a thread about a sweary named demo and it's scrolly text messages
Oh my. Looks like the speccy scene has never been without a generous dose of rancour!

(I should take notes for the next Woot! Tape Magazine)

Prism PD is still the publisher isn't it? It looks like the bad blood happened afterwards.
jpnz
Manic Miner

Post by jpnz »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm Thanks. I missed this last time. Adding ready for the next, with genre "Utility: Undetermined", unless someone thinks another is more appropriate.
Cheers, thank you! It's definitely not a word processor so how about hacker/security?
R-Tape wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm Prism PD is still the publisher isn't it? It looks like the bad blood happened afterwards.
OK with me - can always be changed if incorrect