Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

ZX Microdrive replica!

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
YanKleber
Drutt

ZX Microdrive replica!

Post by YanKleber »

I couldn't make a Spectrum replica and do not give to it his buddy ZX Microdrive. I remember when I had my TS-2068 that I considered the microdrives the most exciting peripherals for those computers, not only because they were cute but also because it was a chance of get rid of cassette tapes (well kind of, LOL!). Unfortunately I never had the chance to own one. Actually I never have seen one of those little guys personally, just through pictures.

This one was made out of MDF, PE sheets and paper. It was painted in black with a rattle can and I applied an actual 5mm LED at the front... Of course as any of my replicas, this is not functional and have the intention of being exclusively decorative. :)

Here a couple images of it together with my Spectrum replica!

Yeah, I'm a berk.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Re: ZX Microdrive replica!

Post by RMartins »

You should really get some real measurements, so that it can be even more accurate.

Really nice Job.
zedex82
Drutt

Post by zedex82 »

It woul dbe good if you could fit a divMMC inside one of these.

ZeD
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Very nice indeed! You're a model maker aren't you? I mean as a general hobby, trains, planes, something similar I would guess? I am one myself and from the level of skill you demonstrate, its obvious that you've done quite a lot of this before. If not then you ought to take it up as a hobby!
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

llewelyn wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:13 pm Very nice indeed! You're a model maker aren't you? I mean as a general hobby, trains, planes, something similar I would guess? I am one myself and from the level of skill you demonstrate, its obvious that you've done quite a lot of this before. If not then you ought to take it up as a hobby!
Yeah, I like model kits. I have assembled and painted tons of them. Nowadays I am more focused on manga figures and spaceships.

Yeah, I'm a berk.
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

zedex82 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:31 pm It woul dbe good if you could fit a divMMC inside one of these.
I think it's pretty doable as it has lots of room inside!

Actually currently I am working on an improved version of the Spectrum replica to sell online for Raspberry hobbyists looking for a nice retro case!

:mrgreen:
Yeah, I'm a berk.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

My favourite is the 'Hazels in Caramel' on the top shelf, stunning work :lol:

In all seriousness though these are amazing. I used to love building Airfix models when I was a kit. It's just a shame that I only had a tin of maroon paint hence why I had a maroon Spitfire hanging from the ceiling and a maroon Stegosaurus :oops: :oops:
jpnz
Manic Miner

Post by jpnz »

YanKleber wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:59 pm
zedex82 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:31 pm It woul dbe good if you could fit a divMMC inside one of these.
I think it's pretty doable as it has lots of room inside!

Actually currently I am working on an improved version of the Spectrum replica to sell online for Raspberry hobbyists looking for a nice retro case!

:mrgreen:

Or a vDrive !
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:39 pm It's just a shame that I only had a tin of maroon paint hence why I had a maroon Spitfire hanging from the ceiling and a maroon Stegosaurus :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I'm a berk.
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

jpnz wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:14 pm Or a vDrive !
It makes my replica looks like just sh*t. :oops:
Yeah, I'm a berk.
Redgatemodels
Drutt

Post by Redgatemodels »

For those with a Spectrum + or toastrack, my little project :)