BLAST ANNUAL 2020

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

BLAST ANNUAL 2020

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

BLAST ANNUAL 2020 is a new publication work in progress.

The publication is about computer games (8 bit based - c64, amstrad cpc, zx spectrum, msx, atari, bbc etc), console games, community and coding.

We currently have an exclusive mult platform game being made for Blast Annual 2020 called Crazy Blaster. A first wip zx speccy image is shown below

If you are interested to learn more or would like to join in the community and even contribute then please come to the fb group.

we are looking for people who would like to write articles on coding on the zx spectrum at any level basic, intermediate or advanced, people who hold events for the zx speccy during 2019 - these events can be anything at all big or small, people who have created artwork and demos in 2019 on the zx speccy, developers who have released zx speccy games and anything else zx speccy related.

There is a closed fb group for you to join in the community and keep up to date with what is happening - here is link if you want to join the community but if the link won't work for you just let me know and i will invite you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2286690961659824/

Crazy Blaster 1st wip screenshot
RMartins
Manic Miner

Re: BLAST ANNUAL 2020

Post by RMartins »

Being a facebook group, immediately closes it for me.

I don't want to use facebook, in any way or form. :lol:
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

RMartins wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm Being a facebook group, immediately closes it for me.

I don't want to use facebook, in any way or form. :lol:
Ditto. Using facebook, and a closed group to boot, for establishing such a kind community is against my principles.
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

A few page layout examples of how BLAST ANNUAL 2020 is shaping up below.

Progress report:

* Some really great people contributing to the publication now. Many thanks to all of them for their efforts.

* New and old game reviews are being submitted, there is a healthy selection of ZX Spectrum games being reviewed.

* There are a number of other Spectrum related articles and features that will be covered too.

* Spectrum version of Crazy Blaster game being developed too - when i have images of that i will post them.

I am only able to work on this project one day a week due to work and family commitments so when i can i will provide further updates.

Cheers

BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

If you are (WIP) working on a game of any description please feel free to post it in this thread or to contact me as there will be a Works In Progress section of the publication and we would love to be able to show your creations.

Cheers
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

Greetings !

I just wanted to update you on the progress of Blast Annual 2020.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has contributed. Without your help Blast Annual 2020 would not have been possible.

The content we received from contributors was overwhelming so we have decided to create two Blast Annual 2020 publications.

Both volumes have been fully completed and all pages laid out.

Volume 1 is currently 198 pages. This may increase with people / organisations wishing to take out ad space in the Kickstarter campaign.

The KS campaign has been drafted and has been sent to sponsors for their approval. Once this has happened Blast Annual Vol 1 will be submitted to KS for review and hopefully will receive the ok from KS to launch.

The KS page sets out what Blast Annual 2020: Vol 1 is and details everything that will be included in the book. You will have a full list of its contents and articles.

We have decided that any profits made after expenses from Blast Annual 2020: Volume 1 will be donated to charity to help those people affected in the recent Australian Bushfires.

You do not need to donate on top of the KS pledges and just so people are aware KS regulations state we can not mention charity on the KS page.

But I just want people to know we will donate any profits made from the KS campaign to a charity or spread it out among different charities to help those who have lost everything in the recent Australian bushfires.

When Volume 1 has been completed we will start work on a KS campaign for Blast Annual 2020: Volume 2.

Once again on behalf of everyone involved with Blast Annual 2020 I would like to extend my gratitude and appreciation to all of you who have contributed.

Kind regards

Blast Annual

**** The KS is not live at present - do not look for it yet !!!!

**** When the KS becomes live i will update you all again and add the link.
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

BLAST ANNUAL 2020: Vol 1 update. Great News KS have approved our application. I will work on the launch over coming days I would like to get it done now but real life looking after my ill mum and work are first so I will update this again soon with KS link and all that when its ready to go. Thanks again to everyone who has followed this project and who have been involved as a contributor :D :P :P 8-) 8-)

Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Sounds interesting - must have missed this first time around.
I've requested to join the Facebook group, but it would be nice to see some recognisable names or even just forum IDs from whoever's behind it...
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

BLAST ANNUAL 2020 VOL 1 KS is now live

Much appreciation and thanks to everyone who was involved

KS URL here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... t%20annual
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I decided to support the project. I admit that I did it after seeing that Sophia II was among the games reviewed (no scores revealed by the way), but hey, you need a little motivation to part with your hard earned cash after all, don't you? :lol:
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

Many thanks to everyone who has backed the KS so far.

Currently 32% backed with 27 days remaining.

There is a fantastic special offer at a massively reduced price for this weekend only for people who have not backed the book.

This includes:

1 Stunning Blast Annual 2020: Volume 1 Hardback 198+ pages

2 BLAST ANNUAL MUG's provided by OLD SCHOOL PIXELS http://www.oldskoolpixels.com/

1 set of 3 posters - Moritz to the Moon, Blast Annual cover artwork and Warhawk Next

* Your name printed in BLAST ANNUAL 2020: Volume 1 "Hall of Fame"

* Free Crazy Blaster V1.2 digital game (CPC, C64 & Speccy)

* Free C64 digital music from Chris Abbott of C64Audio.com

* Free Blast Annual 2020: Vol 1 bookmark

* Pledge amount includes postage

All the above for just $40 AUD

or approximately $27USD or $24EURO or $21UK POUNDS at current exchange rates

This is one hell of an awesome one time offer, but it is only available for this weekend. The cut off time on Kickstarter for the offer will be 12 noon, Monday the 9th of March, Australian Eastern Standard time.

Make your pledge on kickstarter here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... -game-book

and lets get Blast Annual 2020: Volume 1 fully backed !
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

**** Foreign Exchange rates between Australia and other major currencies have fallen again overnight meaning that Blast Annual 2020: Volume 1 is even cheaper now for people living outside of Australia using UK pounds, Euros or US Dollars. Right now is a great time to back the project you are getting awesome value for your money so those who have not backed it yet here is the link for the KS and lets get this projected fully funded !!!! ****

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... -game-book
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

Just 8 days left to back the KS.

Currently at 43% backed so far its a tough ask for sure going to need a lot of support to get it over the line

you can back it here

http://kck.st/2TuaNo5
BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

KS has offered the project a 7 day extension which I accepted - the final date for the KS will now be the morning of Saturday April 11 Australian Eastern Time. Please share with your friends and lets make this happen.

A reminder of the value you receive for your $38 Australian which equals at current exchange rates $23.51 US dollars $21.32 Euros and 19.06 Pounds Sterling approximate amount.

An A4 200 page or more book

Hardcover bound

over 80 game reviews and 40 articles

includes postage cost

Free digital game download of Crazy Blaster V1.2 on Speccy CPC and C64

Free digital music tracks from C64Audio.com

We have also made the 8 Bit Annuals of 2018 and 2019 as Free pdf's which you can download from this link

https://eightbitmagazine.com/index.php

Lets make this happen :)

We want to thank everyone for their support so far really appreciate it.

To everyone around the world stay safe in these most difficult times.

Link for the KS is here

BLAST ANNUAL
Drutt

Post by BLAST ANNUAL »

36 hours left to back the blast annual KS the link is here