List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
abelenki
Dizzy

List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by abelenki »

List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST:

https://zx-pk.ru/threads/31372-spisok-i ... ost1046492

highly expanded + English version.
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by Alessandro »

Pity that the vast majority of them do not have added in-game music, but just to those intros with cheats - intros are boring, and cheats are for sissies :P

On the other hand, in-game music, from the ST, Amstrad or MSX versions, really adds atmosphere. I wish programmers did it from the start back in the day.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Hmm. I’ve always been of two minds about AY music. On the one hand, it’s certainly better than nothing, and it can be played with a (relatively) little performance hit during gameplay. On the other, beeper tunes just sound more . . . atmospheric and rich, if done properly. Even the simple one- or two-channel ones. The “bubbly” sounds of the AY can get really annoying.

But the effort is certainly commendable!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Rasterscan.
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I noticed that several of those games have been "fitted" with AY sound effects. This is also very welcome.

I think I found a bug in Rygar. The giant pill-bug-like monsters, when coming up to the surface, stay on the spot instead of bouncing around like they did in the original version and in the arcade coin-op.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I think I found a bug in Rygar. The giant pill-bug-like monsters, when coming up to the surface, stay on the spot instead of bouncing around like they did in the original version and in the arcade coin-op.
I noticed it too while making my recent mod of Rygar. I believe it comes from the main .tap file for Rygar in WOS/ZXDB:
https://archive.org/download/World_of_S ... ar.tap.zip

This file has this bug too and I believe the bug was introduced while making this .tap, becaase it's absent in tzx version. And Russian hackers unfortunately used this .tap for their work.
I wanted to mention it at some time but believed it's rather low importance. But as it was already mentioned maybe it's time to replace this file?
[mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] Is it possible to mark a file in ZXDB as corrupted?
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with TimeTrax.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles 1-2 release is updated with sound FX (1st part).
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Ralf wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 pm
I noticed it too while making my recent mod of Rygar. I believe it comes from the main .tap file for Rygar in WOS/ZXDB:
https://archive.org/download/World_of_S ... ar.tap.zip

This file has this bug too and I believe the bug was introduced while making this .tap, becaase it's absent in tzx version. And Russian hackers unfortunately used this .tap for their work.
I wanted to mention it at some time but believed it's rather low importance. But as it was already mentioned maybe it's time to replace this file?
@Einar Saukas Is it possible to mark a file in ZXDB as corrupted?
Ping also to [mention]r-tape[/mention]
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers [mention]Ralf[/mention] [mention]druellan[/mention] . I can't mark the file as corrupt, but even better is if someone can find a working file that can replace it.

Does anyone have such a file?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

[mention]R-Tape[/mention]
I made a web search and couldn't find a good .tap version for Rygar.

There are several versions available but they are too much modified by hackers in my opinion.

Well, the original Rygar uses a custom loader so technically every .tap version would be a crack. But I believe
what we want here is a crack as little "invasive" as possible. Without altered highscores or displayed hacker name while loading.
Just with replaced custom loader and nothing else.

I couldn't find something like that.

If anybody would be willing to help and make a tap from the original tzx of Rygar, it would be highly welcomed.
Personally I'm not strong with tape loaders. I guess I would eventually do it but with lots of time lost.

Of course for now you can always use .tap of Erbe rerelease which works great without problems and doesn't have
visible differences from the original.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Ralf wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm Of course for now you can always use .tap of Erbe rerelease which works great without problems and doesn't have
Why not using that to make a TAP file, then? It is the original game just recorded with the ROM loader. The giant pill-bugs behave as they should.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Why not using that to make a TAP file, then? It is the original game just recorded with the ROM loader. The giant pill-bugs behave as they should.
We already have .tap of Erbe version. But .tap of Erbe version is .tap of Erbe version, not .tap of original version. It may not differ in gameplay but still is different on hmmm... metaphysical level :lol:
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Beach Buggy Simulator.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Terra Cresta.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with BraveStarr.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Super Stock Car.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Demon's Revenge.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Count Duckula.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Elven Warrior, Mermaid Madness, Sword Of The Samurai.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Gremlins.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Super Wonder Boy In Monster Land. there are many bug fixes, along with CPC music and FX. the game is fully completable now.
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Hundra.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Ralf wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm
@R-Tape
I made a web search and couldn't find a good .tap version for Rygar.

There are several versions available but they are too much modified by hackers in my opinion.

Well, the original Rygar uses a custom loader so technically every .tap version would be a crack. But I believe
what we want here is a crack as little "invasive" as possible. Without altered highscores or displayed hacker name while loading.
Just with replaced custom loader and nothing else.

I couldn't find something like that.

If anybody would be willing to help and make a tap from the original tzx of Rygar, it would be highly welcomed.
Personally I'm not strong with tape loaders. I guess I would eventually do it but with lots of time lost.

Of course for now you can always use .tap of Erbe rerelease which works great without problems and doesn't have
Hi Ralf,
Would this version be appropriate?
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 7643366821
XoRRoX
Manic Miner

Post by XoRRoX »

@abelenki Thanks that you keep updating this and also report it here :)