FDD3000 version of Fuse has virus?

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
zxbruno
Manic Miner

FDD3000 version of Fuse has virus?

Post by zxbruno »

Or maybe false positive? I want to install the version of Fuse that emulates the Timex FDD3000, but a friend told me the files on the following url were not safe to download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fdd300 ... s/v_0.2.0/

edit: I already have the files fdd3000.rom and tc2048.rom. Just need to find the proper Fuse version.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Re: FDD3000 version of Fuse has virus?

Post by Andre Leao »

I use it very often to preserve fdd discs, and found no vírus.
oblo
Drutt

Post by oblo »

Virustotal shows one generic malware match only, and it usually means the .exe contains some compression similar to be found in malware, so I'll go with it is safe. Anyway, to be sure that your computer is not going to be compromised, you can always run it in an isolated virtual machine disconnected from Internet.
Cheers.
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

No license information or (offer of) source code for fuse or libspectrum. tut tut.
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Guesser wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:16 pm No license information or (offer of) source code for fuse or libspectrum. tut tut.
Ok, so no source code (violation of FUSE's license) is bad enough, but that also means you can't examine the source for malware and it's getting malware positive hits in some AV scanners.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. This cannot be trusted.