Is this referring to SC?

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Re: Is this referring to SC?

Post by Nienn Heskil »

I don't know if you're able to see this, but there's a certain circlejerk/echo chamber component to this type of recurring threads that has a tendency to betray their assumed purpose to some extent. It's 2020, you aren't saying anything new or particularly obscure here at this point, for anyone who's been following the Western Spectrum community anyway.

Please just chronicle 'your story' in a structured manner somewhere that is clearly visible. That would be your best answer to similar situations in the future.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am I don't know if you're able to see this,
but there's a certain circlejerk/echo chamber component to this type of recurring threads that has a tendency to betray their assumed purpose to some extent.
This isn't a recurring thread. As far as I am aware it's only the second time this issue has ever been discussed in the forum, and the last time was more than two years ago.

As has already been clearly stated in this thread, there is generally no desire to dig up these issues. However, false accusations were made against a forum member, which bothered him. It is not unreasonable for him to voice his frustration and respond.
Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am It's 2020, you aren't saying anything new or particularly obscure here at this point, for anyone who's been following the Western Spectrum community anyway.
There is already a post in this thread from someone who was unaware of the history. That is what prompted the discussion of it.

Further, the thread has actually raised new information and old information that even people closely involved were unaware of.
Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am Please just chronicle 'your story' in a structured manner somewhere that is clearly visible. That would be your best answer to similar situations in the future.
That is what Einar did:

https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... -available
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Post by Nienn Heskil »

Rorthron wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 am
Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am Please just chronicle 'your story' in a structured manner somewhere that is clearly visible. That would be your best answer to similar situations in the future.
That is what Einar did:

https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... -available
Overacting a bit there, for me to elaborate on that sentence would've been disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.

Rorthron wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 am This isn't a recurring thread. As far as I am aware it's only the second time this issue has ever been discussed in the forum
I see you also fail at basic logic, thankfully that in itself is a good sign no further discussion with you is necessary.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:30 am Overacting a bit there, for me to elaborate on that sentence would've been disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.
I see you also fail at basic logic, thankfully that in itself is a good sign no further discussion with you is necessary.
I don't think insulting the intelligence of other forum members is appropriate behaviour. That's not how we behave in this community.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Post by Nienn Heskil »

8BitAG wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 am I don't think insulting the intelligence of other forum members is appropriate behaviour.
Hey, that's my line! :lol:
Spoiler
Short form vs long form
(Incoming mass posting just to switch page in 3, 2... :lol: )
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:30 am Overacting a bit there, for me to elaborate on that sentence would've been disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.
So rather than offering any meaningful criticism, you resort to lazy abuse.
Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:30 am I see you also fail at basic logic, thankfully that in itself is a good sign no further discussion with you is necessary.
Ditto. If there were a failure of logic, you have failed to point it out.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

[mention]Nienn Heskil[/mention]
Come on man. You come here, write only 5 posts and already manage to annoy others and get into fight with people.
I guess it's some kind of record :lol:

And actually I completely don't get what's it all about.
My advice is that you would have to change your style a little bit to avoid such situations. But it's your choice of course.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Yep, chill, dude.

It's a database of other peoples' work. Tied to a repository of other peoples' work. To go around screaming 'Thief!' is a bit, well, 'rich'.
Nienn Heskil
Microbot

Post by Nienn Heskil »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:13 am @Nienn Heskil
Come on man. You come here, write only 5 posts and already manage to annoy others and get into fight with people.
I guess it's some kind of record :lol:
Spoiler
What if I just don't like (and, alas, identify with ease) certain 'oh, but there are no issues at all~' types of social games, as well as certain obnoxious 'anyway I know better than you' types of characters? :) If you all you really want is to say that I'm an idiot, or similar, that's fine, be my guest. But in that case go ahead and do just that. Don't try to pass it as a long-ass vague post, repeatedly failing at your own logic as you attempt to disprove my (not too big) message on a per-sentence basis (all 3 of them in order).

Post count, number of likes, date of registration... People place too much importance on superfical things like that today. This is why I left f...book, among other things. People don't give two sh.ts about actual, useful information that tells them something new, and/or meaningful discussions. But when some -insult removed- does another useless 'lolol i farted' kinda post, they just go wild. In any case, if someone is right, then they are. If someone is wrong, then they are. At least, that's my logic.
Ralf wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:13 am And actually I completely don't get what's it all about.
Sites often have some sort of dedicated 'History' pages. It's there that this really stuff belongs to. Maybe with some archive.is links in there. But (and, again, this is extemely obvious) certainly not in some posts buried in a forum, especially if it's a forum on another website. Ideally, someone who is new to the community would simply be pointed to that article, which would then answer their questions. That's all.

Even if this thread started from someone's personal opinion, it was on page 3 when I posted. There's some food for thought today.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Nienn Heskil wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:02 pm Sites often have some sort of dedicated 'History' pages...[edit]... Ideally, someone who is new to the community would simply be pointed to that article, which would then answer their questions. That's all.
is a much better response (and a useful suggestion) than
Overacting a bit there, for me to elaborate on that sentence would've been disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Regarding a summary being posted somewhere, it might be a good idea. This accusation of thieving is presumably going to continue, so it would be nice to have a concise summary to link to. Maybe a locked forum thread "Why ZXDB isn't stolen" with screengrabs, links, and perhaps even a counter to say how many times the lie has been linked to. I've no time right now, but I can put one together.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

[mention]Nienn Heskil[/mention]

Come on, less of the attitude and abuse; and don't use language like that again. I don't know about others, but it's very offensive on a western forum. Warned.

EDITED. That word may or may not have the connotations I thought it did. Apologies if I did misjudge it.

And can we avoid this thread turning into a pile-on please.
Turrican
Microbot

Post by Turrican »

I was also accused in WoS of stealing data with the Zx App.
:D
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:20 pm EDITED. That word may or may not have the connotations I thought it did. Apologies if I did misjudge it.
You didn't misjudge it. It has a specific meaning, but it is derived from the word you are thinking of.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Of course.
"Caring fan from Russia" with "my google translate is broken again" aproach... Nice touch.
Still cheap, but kudos for the effort ...

As for the topic, everyone even with “half a brain” knows what it’s all about, if they look at the history of wos downfall under Lee reign.
Especially his shameful role in the Vega+ debacle and the censorship torture he carried out with the help of his few followers, in order to cover up his share.
Just look in the wos forum archive from 3-4 years ago (if it has not been deleted).
To these “clumsy” wos trolls, I wouldn’t explain anything.
From time to time they come here with their pathetic provocations, they are so predictable and very boring ...
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:20 pm And can we avoid this thread turning into a pile-on please.
I don't think this thread is going anywhere good. Sorry. Locked for now.