ZX-Uno+ for sale

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
PeterJ
Site Admin

ZX-Uno+ for sale

Post by PeterJ »

I'm selling my recently purchased (May 2020) ZX-Uno+, complete with USB Keyboard (PS/2 Compatible so works fine), 16GB Sandisk Ultra SD Card, and SCART RGB Cable (That works via Ethernet).

£85 including UK Postage. Will stay here until the next eBay £1 weekend.

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: ZX-Uno+ for sale

Post by stupidget »

Excuse my ignorance but what can a ZXUno do that my +2 with a DivMMC plugged in can't do?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

No worries. You can play ULA+ games, and it emulates multiple platforms.

The ZX-Uno is a retro computer clone based on FPGA. The main machine is ZX Spectrum that is perfectly cloned. In the other computers and consoles of 8 bits, the cloning is quite trustworthy: Amstrad CPC, Sam Coupe, Jupiter ACE, Apple II, MSX1, VIC 20, Sega Master System, NES, Coleco, Atari2600, Atari 800XL, C64, PC XT among others.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 pm No worries. You can play ULA+ games, and it emulates multiple platforms.

The ZX-Uno is a retro computer clone based on FPGA. The main machine is ZX Spectrum that is perfectly cloned. In the other computers and consoles of 8 bits, the cloning is quite trustworthy: Amstrad CPC, Sam Coupe, Jupiter ACE, Apple II, MSX1, VIC 20, Sega Master System, NES, Coleco, Atari2600, Atari 800XL, C64, PC XT among others.
Hhmm, always fancied having a Sam Coupe home. Is it just a matter of switching between devices on the ZXUno or is it a bit ore complicated than that?
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 pm No worries. You can play ULA+ games, and it emulates multiple platforms.

Hhmm, always fancied having a Sam Coupe at home. Is it just a matter of switching between devices on the ZXUno or is it a bit more complicated than that?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

stupidget wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 pm
Hhmm, always fancied having a Sam Coupe at home. Is it just a matter of switching between devices on the ZXUno or is it a bit more complicated than that?
Hi, you go into the BIOS and choose your machine there. I've not tried the SAM Coupe, maybe others have. Probably best you find out more about the Uno before spending cash.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

ZX Uno is a great little gadget, but cores other than the ZX are rather disappointing, which is the reason I'm selling mine now as well. They work, but are not really what I would call satisfactory, performance and compatibility wise...more of a hit and miss. Since this project is also sort of abandoned they're unlikely to get updated. As for Sam Coupe itself I'm not sure what is its exact state, but you can only load games via EAR.

You can find out more here:
http://uto.speccy.org/zxunofaq_en.html
https://github.com/zxdos/zxuno

...or on the original forum, though it's mainly in Spanish, so...

Sorry, @PeterJ, I don't want to impede your sale at all - the price is good and it's definitely worth it for the ZX implementation alone (which is brilliant). But I've actually bought it recently thinking other cores are pretty much complete, before doing any actual research...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

No problem at all [mention]akeley[/mention]. I only purchased it for the ULA+ support which is excellent, and the portability. The idea was to take it on work trips. I have just decided I have way to much stuff!

I'm normally away during most weeks but what with the current situation I've been working from home