Music references

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Music references

Post by TMD2003 »

Time for another musical interlude, or more...

Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back: John Williams, theme from "Star Wars" (Return of the Jedi has a different 128K AY tune which I don't recognise, and as I've never been a Star Wars fan I wouldn't know if it was from the film or not...)

The Neverending Story: Giorgio Moroder/ Keith Farsey / Limahl - "The Neverending Story"

Pyjamarama: Gershon Kingsley - "Popcorn" (though apparently, some versions of Pyjamarama are missing this tune)

Nifty Lifty: Scott Joplin - "The Entertainer"

Billy Bong: "Waltzing Matilda" (lyrics by Banjo Paterson, tune - which is what's relevant here - by "who knows"...)

Moonwalker: Michael Jackson - "Bad" (and probably a few more of his works that I have yet to discover)

Road Runner (the 1987 US Gold game, not "...and Wile E. Coyote" by Hi-Tec): Aram Khachaturian - "Sabre Dance"

Who Dares Wins II: Elmer Bernstein - "The Great Escape - Main Theme"

Circus Games: Johann Strauss II, "An der schönen, blauen Donau", Op. 314 - at the Trick Riding stage.

And as ever, there are more for the "Name That Tune" section, which I recognise the tune of, but can't identify:

Jack The Nipper II: In Coconut Capers - this one is obscure but I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere...

Rifle Range (Mastertronic, in case there are any others) - it's a "circus" type tune, not "Entry of the Gladiators". The same tune also appears in Circus Games (at the start of the Tiger Training stage) but hasn't been added to that entry.

I have no idea about the music cues for Circus Games' Trapeze or Tightrope Walking stages, so they could probably be included here. I don't even recognise them from anywhere.
Last edited by TMD2003 on Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

TMD2003 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pm Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back: John Williams, theme from "Star Wars" (Return of the Jedi has a different 128K AY tune which I don't recognise, and as I've never been a Star Wars fan I wouldn't know if it was from the film or not...)
The Return of the Jedi uses John Williams' "Ewok Celebration" from the film.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

TMD2003 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pmPyjamarama: Gershon Kingsley - "Popcorn" (though apparently, some versions of Pyjamarama are missing this tune)
The so-called V2 and the Italian official translation by Jackson Soft feature an original (most probably) tune in fact.
TMD2003 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pmRoad Runner (the 1987 US Gold game, not "...and Wile E. Coyote" by Hi-Tec): Aram Khachaturian - "Sabre Dance"
From Gayane, ballet in four acts.
TMD2003 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pmJack The Nipper II: In Coconut Capers - this one is obscure but I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere...
Henry Mancini, Baby Elephant Walk, from the soundtrack for Hatari!.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Excellent - two references I won't have to cast the net wider for. One I do recognise, though, is:

MagicAble: Queen - "A Kind Of Magic" (there was a clue in the thread title!)

How's that for rapid, eh?
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

[mention]Einar Saukas[/mention], how do you want this data presented, if it is to be included in ZXDB?
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Rorthron wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm @Einar Saukas, how do you want this data presented, if it is to be included in ZXDB?
This information will go into the "comments" section of each game page. This will require a simple spreadsheet (I suggest Google Sheets so you can share your work as read-only for others to help validate it!) with 2 columns: the game ID number, and a proper comment exactly as it should appear in the game page.

Alternatively it doesn't really need to be a spreadsheet, it can be a simple text file (one line per entry) using a special character as column separator such as "|".

For instance, this is the link for game Mikie:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2669

Therefore Mikie's ID is 2669. It plays "A Hard Day's Night", so a proper entry could be:

2669|Music: "A Hard Day's Night" by The Beatles.

Feel free to add extra columns to help you keep track of content (for instance game title). I will simply ignore them. For instance:

2669|Music: "A Hard Day's Night" by The Beatles.|Mikie (Joffa's)

You can write the comment in any way you find appropriate. Although I suggest starting all comments in the same way (for instance "Music:") so people will be able to easily search for these comments later.

Thank you!
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

I have been cataloguing the music references and there are two games mentioned here that I cannot identify:

Corona Capers
Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, Liberty Bell March, The Washington Post and Stars And Stripes Forever; John Stafford Smith, The Star-Spangled Banner, national anthem of the United States of America; opening chords of Nie Er, March of the Volunteers, national anthem of the People's Republic of China; Iron Maiden, Virus; John Kander, Theme from New York, New York

High Noon
Includes the following music: Chopin, Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor op. 35, III. Lento "Funeral March" [when a gunfighter is killed]

Can anyone help me identify which games the comments are supposed to relate to?

Also, music has been given for Sweevo's World (John Philip Sousa, The Washington Post). Is it the same for Sweevo's Whirled?
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

BTW [mention]PeterJ[/mention], shouldn't this thread now be in ZXDB Fixes?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Rorthron wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 am BTW @PeterJ, shouldn't this thread now be in ZXDB Fixes?
Thanks [mention]Rorthron[/mention]. Thread moved.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Rorthron wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 am I have been cataloguing the music references and there are two games mentioned here that I cannot identify:

Corona Capers
Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, Liberty Bell March, The Washington Post and Stars And Stripes Forever; John Stafford Smith, The Star-Spangled Banner, national anthem of the United States of America; opening chords of Nie Er, March of the Volunteers, national anthem of the People's Republic of China; Iron Maiden, Virus; John Kander, Theme from New York, New York
It's my CSSCGC entry that's probably going to see me have to host next year's competition, at this rate. It hasn't been added to ZXDB yet,

And while we're at it, my almost-as-spectacularly-musical entry from 2004, Super Mario Fruit Machine, could also be included for its title music, a.k.a. "the theme from Super Mario Bros. World 1-1" (and 1-3, and - unless my memory fails me - every *-1 and *-3 in the game, and in SMB2J/The Lost Levels as well).
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

MatGubbins wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:31 pm Wham! The Music Box (Melbourne House)
Careless Whisper
Freedom
Club Tropicana
Young Guns
Bad Boys
------------------------------------

Music Box 128K (Melbourne House)
Train
Gyroscope
Blue Danube
Train
Sweevos World
When The Saints Go Marching In
Rock And Wrestle

Music Box 48K (Melbourne House)
Exploding Fist
Gyroscope 4
Train
The Can-Can
Men Of Harlech
As far as I can see, ZXDB only has two versions of this title: Wham! the Music Box 48K (ID 8965) and The Music Box 128K (ID 8481):

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/8 ... _Music_Box

Which titles are you referring to?

Oddly The archive states that The Music Box came free with Wham! the Music Box, even though the former was apparently released a year after the latter.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Rorthron wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:05 pm
MatGubbins wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:31 pm Wham! The Music Box (Melbourne House)
Careless Whisper
Freedom
Club Tropicana
Young Guns
Bad Boys

Train
Gyroscope
Blue Danube
Train
Sweevos World
Rock And Wrestle

Exploding Fist
Gyroscope 4
Train
The Can-Can
Men Of Harlech
As far as I can see, ZXDB only has two versions of this title: Wham! the Music Box 48K (ID 8965) and The Music Box 128K (ID 8481):

Which titles are you referring to?

Oddly The archive states that The Music Box came free with Wham! the Music Box, even though the former was apparently released a year after the latter.

Both of them, there is a Wham! version for 48k only.

and

Download the TZX from Music Box
and you will have the 128k edition and the 48k edition - this is not the wham! version but a new version with different songs.

Welcome to the party!
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Thanks. So is the archive wrong, then, and has it conflated two different 48K versions?
Should we instead have three titles:

1. Wham! the Music Box 48K (1985);
2. The Music Box 128K (1986);
3. The Music Box 48K (1986)?

Should the note also say that 2 and 3 cane together, rather than 1 and 2?
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

1 Wham! 48k was released by itself with George and Andrew on the cover

2 & 3 (128k and 48k) were released together with a music box on the cover. No Wham! in this edition.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

The archive only mentions 1 and 2 and suggests they were sold together (while contradicting itself with different release dates.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

As far as I know, the Wham edition wasn't sold with the 128 music biox.
I did purchase Wham! when it was released. My friend purchased the 128 music box the following year to go with his 128k Spectrum, I borrowed his tape to grab a copy of the program and recorded both sides because it had a new 48k version.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Rorthron wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm The archive only mentions 1 and 2 and suggests they were sold together (while contradicting itself with different release dates.
This information came from old WoS. I'm fixing it now!

I will update it to say that The Music Box is a Spectrum 48K/128K title (one version on each tape side just like Fairlight) and it's derived from Wham!
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Careless Whisper
Freedom
Club Tropicana
Young Guns
Bad Boys

Train
Gyroscope
Blue Danube
Train
Sweevos World
Rock And Wrestle

Exploding Fist
Gyroscope 4
Train
The Can-Can
Men Of Harlech
1. What is "Train"?

2. The Sweevo's World title music is The Washington Post per other sources, and The Can-Can is Galop Infernal, so I will change both of these.

3. I am planning to exclude Gyroscope, Rock and Wrestle and Exploding Fist, unless we can identify the tunes as sourced from elsewhere.

This means the proposed ZXDB comment is likely to look something like this:

8965|Wham! The Music Box|Includes the following music: Wham!, Careless Whisper, Freedom, Club Tropicana, Young Guns, Bad Boys
8481|The Music Box|Includes the following music: [48K] When the Saints Go Marching In; Jacques Offenbach, Orphée aux enfers II, 2 “Galop Infernal”; Men Of Harlech; [128K] Johann Strauss Jr., An der schönen, blauen Donau op.314 “The Blue Danube” waltz; John Philip Sousa, The Washington Post; When the Saints Go Marching In

Does this make sense?
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 am
I will update it to say that The Music Box is a Spectrum 48K/128K title (one version on each tape side just like Fairlight) and it's derived from Wham!
No, not like Fairlight at all! Fairlight was released in 1985 before the 128 was released, with a separate 128k version the following year.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 am
Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 am
No, not like Fairlight at all! Fairlight was released in 1985 before the 128 was released, with a separate 128k version the following year.
What I mean is, the 128K release of Fairlight included both (48K and 128K) in the same package, as separate programs.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Thanks for fixing Wham! The Music Box/The Music Box so quickly. I have one quick correction, though. For Wham! The Music Box, there is a comment "Derived to". "Derive" is not used this way in standard English. Better in my opinion would be "Source for" or "Origin of". ("Derived from" in The Music Box is perfectly OK.)
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Since [mention]Joefish[/mention] correctly guessed it in the quiz, we should add the following:

Hunchback (ID 2383) features John W. Bratton, Teddy Bear Two-Step "The Teddy Bears' Picnic"
Last edited by Rorthron on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

And that also means I can share my consolidated list of music titles. It includes everything so far in this thread. The information should be suitable for importing into ZXDB. The format is:

ZXDB ID|Game name|Comment

149|Alien Evolution|Includes the following music: W.A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor K 550, I. Molto allegro
1449|Doomskulle|Includes the following music: L. v. Beethoven, Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor WoO 59 Bia 515 "Für Elise"
1513|Draughts Genius|Includes the following music: Scott Joplin, Maple Leaf Rag
1551|Dynamite Dan|Includes the following music: W.A. Mozart, Piano Sonata No. 11 K 331, III. Rondò alla turca
1553|Dynamite Dan II|Includes the following music: Scott Joplin, Maple Leaf Rag [title screen]; W. A. Mozart, Sonata in C [first record]; P. I. Tchaikovsky, The Year 1812 Solemn Overture in E flat major op. 49 TH 49 "The 1812 Overture" [on collecting a bomb]
1565|Earthlight|Includes the following music: [128K] Antonio Vivaldi, The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 3 in F Major RV 293 "Autumn", I. Allegro
1579|Egghead|Includes the following music: Jesús González Rubio, Jarabe Tapatío "The Mexican Hat Dance"
1580|Egghead To The Rescue|Includes the following music: Jacques Offenbach, Orphée aux enfers II, 2 “Galop Infernal”
1651|Eskimo Eddie|Includes the following music: Gershon Kingsley, Popcorn
1710|Fahrenheit 3000|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565
175|Alternative World Games|Includes the following music: Aaron Copland, Fanfare For The Common Man [opening]; François Van Campenhout, La Brabançonne, national anthem of Belgium [Belgium]; Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle, La Marseillaise, national anthem of France [France]; Akimori Hayashi and Yoshiisa (arr. Franz Eckert), Kimigayo, national anthem of Japan [Japan]; Alberik Zwyssig, Schweizerpsalm/Cantique suisse/Salmo svizzero/Psalm Svizzer, national anthem of Switzerland [Switzerland]; John Stafford Smith, The Star-Spangled Banner, national anthem of the United States of America [USA]; Franz Joseph Haydn, Das Lied der Deutschen, national anthem of Germany [West Germany]; Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Fred Tomlinson, The Lumberjack Song [Canada];Thomas Arne, Rule Britannia [Great Britain]; Mikis Theodorakis, Sirtaki, from Michael Cacoyannis, the soundtrack for Zorba The Greek [Greece]; Eduardo Di Capua and Alfredo Mazzucchi, 'O Sole mio [Italy]; Melchior Franck, Lauriger Horatius [via association with The Red Flag, hymn of the UK Labour Party] [USSR]; G. Bizet, Carmen, II. refrain of "Votre toast, je peux vous le rendre" [Spain]; Derek Scott, Swedish Chef, from The Muppet Show [Sweden]
17732|Quantum Gardening|Includes the following music: Country Gardens
1846|Fox Fights Back|Includes the following music: a medley of 1) G. Bizet, Carmen, II. refrain of "Votre toast, je peux vous le rendre"; 2) W. A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor K 550, I. Molto allegro; 3) Johannes Brahms, Hungarian Dance No. 5
2050|Gladiator|Includes the following music: Julius Fučík, Entry of the Gladiators op. 68
2178|Gunhead|Includes the following music: Europe, The Final Countdown
2383|Hunchback|Includes the following music: John W. Bratton, Teddy Bear Two-Step "The Teddy Bears' Picnic"
2384|Hunchback II|Includes the following music: Gioacchino Rossini, William Tell - Overture
2408|Hydrofool|Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, The Washington Post
2566|Jack The Nipper II In Coconut Capers|Includes the following music: Henry Mancini, Baby Elephant Walk, from the soundtrack for Hatari!
2589|Jet Set Willy|Includes the following music: L. v. Beethoven, Sonata No. 14 in C# Minor "Moonlight Sonata" op. 27 no.2, I. Adagio sostenuto [title screen]; Sheldon Harnick and Jerry Bock, If I Were a Rich Man [in game]
27974|Lost In My Spectrum|Includes the following music: Edvard Grieg, Peer Gynt Suite op. 46, IV. In The Hall Of The Mountain King; Johann Strauss Sr., Radetzky-Marsch op. 228; Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Lerchengesang, from Der erste Frühlingstag op. 48 [on completing the game]
27997|Apulija-13|Includes the following music: Sergei S. Prokofiev, Romeo And Juliet op. 64 2, 13 "Dance of The Knights"
28160|Funky Fungus|Includes the following music: Antonio Vivaldi, The Four Seasons, op. 8 RV 269 "Spring", I. Allegro; Modest P. Mussorgsky, Pictures Of An Exhibition, I. Gnomus
2912|Lode Runner|Includes the following music: [128K] J. S. Bach, Jesu|Includes the following music: Joy of Man's Desiring
2965|Mad Mix Game|Includes the following music: L. v. Beethoven, Symphony No. 5 in C Minor op. 67, I. Allegro con brio; Luigi Boccherini, string quintet No. 5 in A major op.13 G 281, III. Minuetto; Gioacchino Rossini, Air from The Barber of Seville
3012|Manic Miner|Includes the following music: Johann Strauss Jr., An der schönen, blauen Donau op. 314 “The Blue Danube” waltz [title screen]; Edvard Grieg, Peer Gynt Suite op. 46, IV. In The Hall Of The Mountain King [in game]
3134|Mermaid Madness|Includes the following music: P.I. Tchaikovsky, The Nutcracker II. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
31499|Sophia|Includes the following music: W. A. Mozart, Dies Irae from the Requiem in D minor K 626
3185|Mikie|Includes the following music: The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night
3260|Monty Python's Flying Circus|Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, Liberty Bell March
3261|Moon Alert|Includes the following music: R. Wagner, "Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walküre WWV 86B, act III
3270|Moonwalker|Includes the following music: Michael Jackson, Bad
328|Auf Wiedersehen Monty|Includes the following music: [128K] God Save The Queen, national anthem of the United Kingdom [Gibraltar and Montos]; Leo Caerts, Y Viva España [Spain]; Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle, La Marseillaise, national anthem of France [France]; Franz Joseph Haydn, Das Lied der Deutschen, national anthem of Germany [West Germany]; W.A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor K 550, I. Molto allegro [Austria]; Klaus Günter Neumann et al, Tulips from Amsterdam [Netherlands]; Derek Scott, Swedish Chef, from The Muppet Show [Sweden]; Eduardo Di Capua and Alfredo Mazzucchi, 'O Sole mio [Italy]; Greece|Includes the following music: Joseph Stein, Fred Ebb, John Kander, Zorba [Greece]; Melchior Franck, Lauriger Horatius [via association with The Red Flag, hymn of the UK Labour Party] [East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia]
3333|Mushroom Mania|Includes the following music: Daniel Decatur Emmett, Dixie; When The Saints Go Marching In; John Stafford Smith, The Star-Spangled Banner, national anthem of the United States of America
3339|Mutant Monty|Includes the following music: Edvard Grieg, Piano Concerto in A minor op. 16, I. Allegro molto moderato
3381|Ned's Garden|Includes the following music: Country Gardens
3409|Nifty Lifty|Includes the following music: Scott Joplin, The Entertainer
34458|Old Tower|Includes the following music: Gershon Kingsley, Popcorn
3460|North and South|Includes the following music: Yankee Doodle; Daniel Decatur Emmett, Dixie; My Country 'Tis Of Thee
34681|Sophia II|Includes the following music: Camille Saint-Saëns, Danse Macabre op. 40; Dmitri Shostakovich, Suite for Variety Orchestra, VII. Waltz No. 2; Gioacchino Rossini, William Tell - Overture [finale]; Jean-Joseph Mouret, Fanfare for trumpet, violin, oboes and timpani, I. Allegro
35327|The Perils of Willy|Includes the following music: Led Zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven
35679|Funky Fungus Reloaded|Includes the following music: Antonio Vivaldi, The Four Seasons, op. 8 RV 269 "Spring", I. Allegro; Modest P. Mussorgsky, Pictures Of An Exhibition, I.Gnomus; Lalo Schifrin, Jimmy Smith, The Cat [world 1]; Oscar Washington, Lewis P. Simpkins, Jimmy Forrest, Night Train, based on the cover by James Brown [world 2]; Herbie Hancock, Chameleon [world 3]; Maceo and the Macks, Soul Power '74 [world 4]; James Brown, I Feel Good [on completion]
35813|MagicAble|Includes the following music: Queen, A Kind Of Magic
3681|Phantom Club|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major, BWV 1048, I.
3949|Pyjamarama|Includes the following music: Gershon Kingsley, Popcorn [in some versions only]
4135|Rick Dangerous|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Toccata & Fugue [opening tune for Schwarzendumpf Castle]; Sergei S. Prokofiev, Romeo And Juliet op. 64 2, 13 "Dance of The Knights" [introduces the Missile Base]
4151|Riptoff|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor [help program]
4163|Road Runner (the 1987 US Gold game, not "...and Wile E. Coyote" by Hi-Tec)|Includes the following music: Aram Khachaturian, Gayane IV. “Sabre Dance”
4215|Rockman|Includes the following music: W.A. Mozart, Serenade No. 13 for strings in G major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" K 525, I. Allegro
4557|Skyranger|Includes the following music: W. A. Mozart, "Non piu andrai", from The Marriage of Figaro K 492
47|La Abadía del Crimen|Includes the following music: Bach, Minuet in G minor, BWV Anh 115, Piano; Gwendal, Crystal Palace
4736|Specventure|Includes the following music: 1) L. v. Beethoven, Für Elise op. 59; 2) Edvard Grieg, "The Morning" from Peer Gynt; 3) John Williams, Star Wars (Main Title); 4) "Yankee Doodle"; 5) Aleksandr Borodin, Polynesian Dance; 6) Antonio Vivaldi, Concerto No. 1 in E major op. 8 RV 269, "Spring", from The Four Seasons; 7) Piotr I. Tchaikovsky, excerpt from The Swan Lake op. 20; 8) Johann Sebastian Bach, Choral "Wohl mir, daß ich Jesum habe" from Cantata BWV 147; 9) W. A. Mozart, Symphony No. 40 in G minor KV 550, I. Allegro
4841|Star Wars|Includes the following music: John Williams, Star Wars (Main Title)
4846|The Empire Strikes Back|Includes the following music: John Williams, Star Wars (Main Title)
4848|Return of the Jedi|Includes the following music: John Williams, Ewok Celebration “Yub Nub”
5027|Super Mutt|Includes the following music: Gioacchino Rossini, William Tell - Overture
5087|Sweevo's World|Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, The Washington Post
5112|Tai-Chi Tortoise|Includes the following music: W. A. Mozart, Horn Concerto No. 4 in E-flat major K 495, III. Rondo (Allegro vivace)
5160|Technician Ted|Includes the following music: Johann Strauss Jr., An der schönen, blauen Donau op. 314 “The Blue Danube” waltz; Johann Strauss Sr., Radetzky-Marsch op. 228 [in game]
528|Billy Bong|Includes the following music: Waltzing Matilda
5348|Tour De Force|Includes the following music: Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle, "La Marseillaise, national anthem of France [France]; John Stafford Smith, "The Star-Spangled Banner", national anthem of the United States of America [USA]; Arabian riff [Israel]; Ivan Larionov, Kalinka [Russia]
536|The Birds and the Bees|Includes the following music: N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov, Flight of the Bumblebee, from The Tale Of Tsar Saltan, III, 2
537|Antics|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565
5471|Turmoil|Includes the following music: G. Bizet, Carmen, II. refrain of "Votre toast, je peux vous le rendre"
5486|Twinz|Includes the following music: W.A. Mozart, Piano Sonata No. 11 K 331, III. Rondò alla turca; Harold Faltermeyer, Axel F; Jan Hammer, Crockett's Theme; Kraftwerk, The Model; Richard Marx, Right Here Waiting
5617|Wanted Monty Mole|Includes the following music: Kenneth Alford, Colonel Bogey March; William Henry Monk, Eventide
5631|The War Of the Worlds|Includes the following music: Jeff Wayne, The War Of the Worlds
5671|Where Time Stood Still|Includes the following music: Sir Hubert Parry, Jerusalem [unused]
5673|Who Dares Wins II|Includes the following music: Elmer Bernstein, Main Title, from the soundtrack for The Great Escape
5678|A Whole New Ball Game|Includes the following music: W.A. Mozart, Serenade No. 13 for strings in G major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" K 525, I. Allegro
5761|Wriggler|Includes the following music: La Cucaracha
5957|The Archers|Includes the following music: Arthur Wood, Barwick Green
6740|The Neverending Story|Includes the following music: Giorgio Moroder, Keith Farsey, Limahl, The Neverending Story
678|Brainstorm|Includes the following music: [128K] W.A. Mozart, Piano Sonata No. 11 K 331, III. Rondò alla turca
753|The Bulge|Includes the following music: of L. v. Beethoven, Symphony No. 5 in C Minor op. 67, I. Allegro con brio
794|Camelot Warriors|Includes the following music: Scarborough Fair
9408|Sabre Wulf|Includes the following music: J.S. Bach, Prelude and Fugue in C major BWV 846 (No. 1 of The Well-Tempered Clavier)
967|Circus Games|Includes the following music: Johann Strauss Jr., An der schönen, blauen Donau op. 314 “The Blue Danube” waltz [trick riding stage]; Julius Fučík, Entry of the Gladiators op. 68
8965|Wham! The Music Box|Includes the following music: Wham!, Careless Whisper, Freedom, Club Tropicana, Young Guns, Bad Boys
8481|The Music Box|Includes the following music: [48K] When the Saints Go Marching In; Jacques Offenbach, Orphée aux enfers II, 2 “Galop Infernal”; Men Of Harlech; [128K] Johann Strauss Jr., An der schönen, blauen Donau op. 314 “The Blue Danube” waltz; John Philip Sousa, The Washington Post; When the Saints Go Marching In

In addition we have music for two titles where I have been unable to identify a ZXDB ID. In the first case, the game does not yet have an ID. In the second, I am unsure which game of that title is referred to.

????|Corona Capers|Includes the following music: John Philip Sousa, Liberty Bell March, The Washington Post and Stars And Stripes Forever; John Stafford Smith, The Star-Spangled Banner, national anthem of the United States of America; Nie Er, March of the Volunteers, national anthem of the People's Republic of China; Iron Maiden, Virus; John Kander, Theme from New York, New York
????|High Noon|Includes the following music: Chopin, Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor op. 35, III. Lento "Funeral March" [when a gunfighter is killed]
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

[mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] I wanted to check you had seen the music index above, as well as the proposed correction of the "Derived to" field.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

On Music Box 128, it loads and plays a tune that I missed off the list - The introduction sounds similar to the "Peter Gunn" theme tune by Henri Mancini but at a faster tempo.