New WoS and ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

polomint
Berk

Re: New WoS and ZXDB

Post by polomint »

Oh, and stop bitching, it's open db. Who cares who uses it? I coulda used it for months with my ZXiSeek app....
0 x
So far, so meh :)

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

@polomint,

I'm very pleased that WoS are using ZXDB. It's excellent. There is no point in duplication of effort.

The issue is why try and hide it? I don't believe it's bitching (your words) to ask that you comply with an open source license, the only condition of which is to acknowledge that you have forked it. Richard s still blindly denying it. Do you believe this is the right approach? I don't know if this is due to misinformation, or if he has been told not to acknowledge it. Maybe you could ask him?

Both Einar and I have offered to work with the team at WoS so they can use the latest ZXDB.

None of us are getting any younger @polomint. I thought after the Vega disaster there may be a new approach to working together and truthfulness.

I would also remind you that ZXDB was only started when there was concern that WoS would close. This site (and the many others that use ZXDB - there seems to be the misguided belief that we at SC and ZXDB are the same thing) were started because WoS hadn't been updated for years, and the forum was going downhill.

I never expected this site to be as successful as it has been. It's success suggests it was needed.

@Einar Saukas has a right to request corrections when he is incorrectly slandered don't you think?
7 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

For what it's worth, I never made personal attacks. I only posted facts, and I have always provided evidence to back it up.

However:
polomint wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:40 pm
Oh, and stop bitching, it's open db. Who cares who uses it? I coulda used it for months with my ZXiSeek app....
As I said before, I'm glad Lee Fogarty finally decided to use ZXDB. I hope he continues to do so. Everyone is welcome to use ZXDB (including your ZXiSeek of course). That's not the point.

The point is, I was personally accused of "stealing" data from Martijn's WoS, only 4 days before he released new WoS using ZXDB in disguise, while pretending otherwise and trying to take credit for everyone else's work. And he's still claiming that I'm lying about him using ZXDB, although now he only does it in his private WoS group at Facebook where he doesn't have to face proofs otherwise. Therefore I'm entitled to defend myself, right?
9 x

polomint
Berk

Post by polomint »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:06 pm
The point is, I was personally accused of "stealing" data from Martijn's WoS, only 4 days before he released new WoS using ZXDB in disguise, while pretending otherwise and trying to take credit for everyone else's work

That is something else that has nothing to do with the forums. Sort it out somewhere else. I absolutely agree that personal accusations should be refuted if they need to be.

But arguing about an open db is essentially a waste of time (bar the excitement for bored retro err people).

We all like both WoSF and SC, let's not poison and feckup both!
0 x

polomint
Berk

Post by polomint »

I have proof...

https://bit.ly/2VI5ow1
0 x

Einar Saukas
Dynamite Dan

Post by Einar Saukas »

polomint wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:29 pm
That is something else that has nothing to do with the forums.
The accusations against me were made in the WoS forum.

polomint wrote:
Sort it out somewhere else.
Where?
1 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I agree with you @polomint that we don't want to 'feck' things up.

The issue is that @Einar Saukas was slandered on a public forum, where else can he take his concerns.

All that needs to happen is for WoS to apologise to Einar, acknowledge usage of ZXDB and use the latest version. I'm sure all will then be fine with this issue and we can have a group hug (1 metre apart obviously!).
3 x

ketmar
Microbot

Post by ketmar »

Einar Saukas wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:35 pm
polomint wrote:
Sort it out somewhere else.
Where?
somewhere where nobody will see it, of course, so Lee and his team can continue accusing you of "stealing data". this would be "wise move", you know, because calling liar a liar publicly is soooo wrong.
3 x

polomint
Berk

Post by polomint »

PeterJ wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 pm
I agree with you @polomint that we don't want to 'feck' things up.

The issue is that @Einar Saukas was slandered on a public forum, where else can he take his concerns.

All that needs to happen is for WoS to apologise to Einar, acknowledge usage of ZXDB and use the latest version. . I'm sure all will then be fine with this issue and we can have a group hug (1 metre apart obviously!).
No, if EInar has been slandered then take it elsewhere,

As for WoSF and SC , just talk, and agree, it's not bloody hard to work out :)
0 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I don't understand where. If you were slandered in public would you discuss it privately and not expect a correction? I know I would.

I think we have done everything possible and offered to help WoS. I'm not sure what else we can do. You are friends with Richard. You could talk with him and arrange for him to call me.
5 x