Uncle Clive turns 80 today

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Freespirit
Microbot

Re: Uncle Clive turns 80 today

Post by Freespirit »

Happy Birthday Uncle Clive and thanks for introducing me to computers and giving me great childhood memories. :)
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Happy birthday uncle Clive!!!!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

If you get a chance to visit the micro museum in Ramsgate it's excellent!
+3code

Post by +3code »

Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

80??? Wow!

Happy birthday!!!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

"Eight decades (and nine months) ago, something grew inside of your mother... that thing was YOU!"

Happy day of birthings, Sir Clive. If it hadn't been for a small doorstop-shaped computer that was already obsolete by Christmas 1983 but was deemed suitable for a "gifted" four-year-old (that would later turn out to be a symptom of a less attractive dreadful affliction), I wouldn't be who I am now - for better or worse. But at least that obsolete doorstop-shaped computer and its more powerful successor in a grey case (made by a Jewish East End wideboy who says "YOU'RE FIRED!" a lot) has been amusing me at times where I've really needed it for 36 and a half years, and on balance, it's been worth it.

I will celebrate with a bottle of rhubarb cider, which at least represents the red and the green in the Spectrum stripes, as well as the two colours (that aren't black and white) of the QL's text mode. Skål!
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 pm "Eight decades (and nine months) ago, something grew inside of your mother... that thing was YOU!"
...I'm sure Sir Clive would appreciate the Dethklok reference... ;)

Happy birthday indeed...! Fantastic that there are thousands of those wondrous creations from almost 40 years ago all around the world and still working. And also a few C5s <cough>.

...I may celebrate this weekend by eating a bowl of oxtail soup, and striking people around the head with a rolled-up newspaper....
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 pm I will celebrate with a bottle of rhubarb cider, which at least represents the red and the green in the Spectrum stripes, as well as the two colours (that aren't black and white) of the QL's text mode. Skål!
Here's the INK/PAPER 6. I didn't even think of it until you said, but tonight I sampled the apple wine I started brewing during lockdown madness, on April 23rd (the Speccy's birthday of course), which I labelled "Old Clive".

Happy birthday baldy!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Morkin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pm...I'm sure Sir Clive would appreciate the Dethklok reference... ;)
I was hoping someone would get that.
Morkin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pmFantastic that there are thousands of those creations from almost 40 years ago all around the world and still working.
As well as some creations from closer to the present... in virtual form. After all, at no point did I ever try to make a Minecraft base that was a damn-near-exact scale model of a ZX80, or any other Sinclair-themed builds. Oh no. Nobody would ever do that!
R-Tape wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm
TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 pm I will celebrate with a bottle of rhubarb cider, which at least represents the red and the green in the Spectrum stripes, as well as the two colours (that aren't black and white) of the QL's text mode. Skål!
Here's the INK/PAPER 6. I didn't even think of it until you said, but tonight I sampled the apple wine I started brewing during lockdown madness, on April 23rd (the Speccy's birthday of course), which I labelled "Old Clive".
Who's going to provide the blue? Or... cyan?
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

I think you are mistaken, he doesn’t look a day over 0x50 :lol:
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm Image
Haha, brilliant..! :lol: :lol:
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com