Help finding a game

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
BladePT
Drutt

Help finding a game

Post by BladePT »

Hello,

I have been trying to remember a game i just can't seem to get there... it is very similar to Pentagram and Bubbler, but you get to play a wizzard/witch with a wand, and you can also create blocks to help you rech the end... it's isometric view.

I have been trying to remember wich one this is for ages and just can't get there:/ Anyone know/remember anything like this?

Thank you
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Help finding a game

Post by Morkin »

Doesn't ring too many bells.

Warlock?
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
textvoyage
Drutt

Post by textvoyage »

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

We have many, if not all of the isometric games in a group, so you can take a look https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/list?gr ... rap=2&pg=0

Warlock is a good guess, another might be Wolfan? https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/5 ... rum/Wolfan
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Until I read "isometric" I thought it was Solomon's Key. It also sounds like a game that's familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
zup
Manic Miner

Post by zup »

On Kyrel you can get/putblocks, but the protagonist is not shaped like a mage.
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Have you scanned through the list of isometric games?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Until I read "isometric" I thought it was Solomon's Key. It also sounds like a game that's familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.
Yes, it would fit nicely if not isometric. Actually there's also a Russian great game Fire&Ice which would fit as well if not isometric ;) But I guess we are talking about a game from the 80s, right?

Any chance for more info? Was it made around 1984 or 1988? Was it monochrome or did it have some colour?

EDIT: Check also Rasputin.
BladePT
Drutt

Post by BladePT »

Thank you everyone for the help:)
I will try a few when i get home and look real well at that list, but Rasputin does ring a bell, it was more then 20 years ago... i remember playing it in the late 80's early 90's if that helps, i'll report back when i try a few of the ones mentioned:)
Again thank you so much for the help
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

BladePT wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:00 pm Thank you everyone for the help:)
I will try a few when i get home and look real well at that list, but Rasputin does ring a bell, it was more then 20 years ago... i remember playing it in the late 80's early 90's if that helps, i'll report back when i try a few of the ones mentioned:)
Again thank you so much for the help
Rasputin is a good shot, yes. It was included in YS n.º 1 (demo), and it was released here in Portugal (presuming you´re portuguese). The game was hard as hell... :D
BladePT
Drutt

Post by BladePT »

After trying quite a few and looking at the list still no luck, but Warlock is very very close to it, except the main character had a wand and it could only walk on the block, and we could summon some blocks to get to the end...
But again Warlock is very close to the game i'm looking for... damn memory:P

Again thank you all so much for the help on this;)

EDIT: And yes i am in Portugal;)