Graph Paper

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Graph Paper

Post by PeterJ »

arkannoyed wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 am Looks like this is a busier forum than old WOS, where I usually go. Didn't know about this!!
Welcome to the forums. If you can help spread the awareness of the site it would be much appreciated.
arkannoyed
Manic Miner

Post by arkannoyed »

Don't know about spreading awareness, but its always good to find somewhere with stuff going on. WOS can be a bit desolate these days. :cry:
Rob M
Drutt

Post by Rob M »

arkannoyed wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:46 am Probably around 1985 I somehow acquired a graphics design pad with tear-off sheets made by Protek.

Probably 5 or so years ago, I recreated it from a scan of the original in Illustrator, so if you print this off, then you'll have quite a nice
clean graphical design sheet to play with.
Thanks so much for this! I was looking for something like this, and this is perfect. :) Thank you for sharing!
arkannoyed
Manic Miner

Post by arkannoyed »

No problem at all. It’s good to print off and have a doodle. With the original pad that’s how I created loads of stuff I’ve still got hanging around on mgt +D disks. I used to photocopy the sheet, then use it again in the copier to get a pixelated version of images, mainly solid objects or logos.
HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Post by HEXdidnt »

A couple of years ago, I had a bunch of pads printed up by a local print shop - ended up doing two versions - 256x192 in 8x8 blocks and one that would work as VGA 13h or C64/similar. My rationale was that I started learning pixel art on purpose-made pads that I bought at a ZX Microfair, and kept getting frustrated with standard 10x10 grid graph paper. I figured it might be worth making something for those of us who might feel more comfortable planning things with pencil and paper. They are press-printed, not digital, as I found that grids would be erased along with any pencil markings on the digitally-printed test copy.
Image Image

Image Image

I was selling them on Etsy for a while, but never got round to doing any proper promotion of them, so ended up dropping the listings. Still got quite a few of both available, if anyone's interested.
...Dropping litter in the zen garden of your mind

The Hub of all things HEXdidn't... | HEXdidn't... on YouTube ...on ZXArt ...on deviantart