Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

ZXBrowser

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
area51bis
Drutt

ZXBrowser

Post by area51bis »

Hello,

I wanted to share with everyone the application I am developing. It's a browser/launcher for Spectrum that allows to explore ZXDB locally and run the games with a single click.

Unfortunately it is a very early version:
- It is only in Spanish.
- Nanual configuration(JSON files).
- Bugs.

The next version (hopefully soon) will bring some improvements:
- English translation.
- Possibility to explore your own local game library.
- SCR support.
- Source code.

Donwload from GitHub

Magnus
Dizzy

Re: ZXBrowser

Post by Magnus »

Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
My ZX Spectrum emulator project: https://softspectrum48.weebly.com.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Excellent work [mention]area51bis[/mention]. If you want any volunteers to review the English translation I would be happy to help. Peter
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 am Excellent work @area51bis. If you want any volunteers to review the English translation I would be happy to help. Peter
Thanks! :)
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Think about adding other languages like Portuguese :D
Of course most Portuguese speakers understand Spanish fine, but it would be nice option.
I can help with the translation.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Oh lawd, seems my prayers to the retro database gods have finally been answered :) All the best!
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am
Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
Emulators are configured and working, but maybe I'm doing something else wrong (seems so since no one else has complained about this :D).
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm
area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
Emulators are configured and working, but maybe I'm doing something else wrong (seems so since no one else has complained about this :D).
Now I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pmNow I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
This is the bug I know when (default) emulator is not configured properly. Maybe there is another one. I'll check it.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

4thRock wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:58 am Think about adding other languages like Portuguese :D
Of course most Portuguese speakers understand Spanish fine, but it would be nice option.
I can help with the translation.
Sure, no problem.
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 pm
Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pmNow I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
This is the bug I know when (default) emulator is not configured properly. Maybe there is another one. I'll check it.
Yes, you are right! I didn't know that the default emulator wasn't correctly configured (since I could launch programs without problems), but I had referenced the emulator by name instead of id in the default config. Now the problem is gone. Thanks for the hint.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 pmYes, you are right! I didn't know that the default emulator wasn't correctly configured (since I could launch programs without problems), but I had referenced the emulator by name instead of id in the default config. Now the problem is gone. Thanks for the hint.
Good! :)
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.7 (preview)
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.7 is available for download: https://github.com/area51bis/zxbrowser

Enjoy it.

area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.8 available for download:
https://github.com/area51bis/zxbrowser/releases

I have little time, so it will be the last version while I'm preparing the next update with something quite interesting (I think).
Spezzi63
Drutt

Post by Spezzi63 »

wonderful, go on ;)
bye for now,
Guenter