Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

Noisy clicking +2 tape recorder

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
clebin
Manic Miner

Noisy clicking +2 tape recorder

Post by clebin »

The tape deck on my (grey) +2 makes a fast, rhythmical clicking sound. It's done so for as long as I can remember, although having brought it out of storage, it's a lot louder than it used to be.

I don't know if it's the belts as there doesn't seem to be much, if any, fluctuation in speed and I don't have a problem with things loading. So, is it the bearings and if so, what can I do about it?

Ta very much.
Crafty88
Drutt

Re: Noisy clicking +2 tape recorder

Post by Crafty88 »

Sounds like something catching on one of the gears on the tape deck. Else one of the gears not engaging properly and slipping but you say that it is working properly.
clebin
Manic Miner

Re: Noisy clicking +2 tape recorder

Post by clebin »

Crafty88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:34 am Sounds like something catching on one of the gears on the tape deck. Else one of the gears not engaging properly and slipping but you say that it is working properly.
Thanks for that. Not a common fault then? I guess I'll try opening it up and having a look, although I'm no hardware guy.