The best Speccy game by Longman Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:24 am

Battle
No votes
Breaks Out!
No votes
Catch
No votes
Firefight
No votes
Hidden Paths
No votes
Jungle
No votes
Orbit
No votes
Postman Pat's Trail Game
50%
Spinning Saucers
No votes
String Invaders
No votes
SuperTed
50%
Targets & Invaders
No votes

Total votes: 6

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Longman Software: vote

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 SuperTed
2 Postman Pat
3 Battle
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

Voted For SuperTed. I think Longman should have stuck to just concentrating on educational programs as none of the games I could motivate myself to try are much cop at all.

1. SuperTed
2. Postman Pat's Trail Game
3. Battle
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Blimey. In the phpBB poll, both SuperTed and Postman Pat's Trail Game are joint top, exactly the same number of votes (3 each) and nothing else was voted in.

Obviously, that proves their kid's TV licenses were a hit with those who voted.

But, we need to break this deadlock!

Astonishingly the two participants in the proportional votes have recorded exactly the same preferences. However, it does mean the eventual winner can be declared: Superted!

Superted 6
Postman Pat's Trail Game 4
Battle 2
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

There's an obvious conclusion here: the programmers at Longman Software would have been right at home in the CSSCGC. Every one of those except for Postman Pat and Superted looks like a type-in.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

TMD2003 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:16 pm There's an obvious conclusion here: the programmers at Longman Software would have been right at home in the CSSCGC. Every one of those except for Postman Pat and Superted looks like a type-in.
Yeah, a quick glance at my initial post and you'd think I'd have laid my hands on the sequel to Cascade's Cassette 50.