The best modern Speccy game beginning with X: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Right, as I always say, I know almost nothing about the homebrew scene or the alphabet, so this is where you have seven days to nominate titles of modern ZX Spectrum games (this time beginning with X), and then I run a week-long poll here starting from next week.

(RED EDITS BY ADMIN)
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with X: discussion

Post by R-Tape »

Ahem...

T, U, V, W, .... :mrgreen:

(Prodge - should I edit this thread to X? I'm not sure if I can but I can try)
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:46 pm Ahem...

T, U, V, W, .... :mrgreen:

(Prodge - should I edit this thread to X? I'm not sure if I can but I can try)
GaaaaaaAAAaah!

Yes, please!

It's X, everybody.

I've been a total xanker in not realising that.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

For those arriving to this thread later on today, and wondering what's going on, well, I went accidentally back in time and asked for this forum to nominate modern games beginning with W.

Massive thanks to [mention]R-Tape[/mention] for getting my initial post corrected from W to X.

Almost at the end of these polls. Just Y, Z and numerics to do after this! And then I'll play each of the 27 winners on Twitch or something.
Daren
Manic Miner

Post by Daren »

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Xenoxxx Funtime show
Xixit
Xorka
XOR 2000

Daren's probably listed my 1 & 2, but here are some other likely suspects. I need to give these a proper go. I know Xenoxxx Funtime show has something to do with Digitiser, but I don't know enough about it to understand it.

Also - Congrats on these polls Prodge. I can't believe that you're nearly there!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:28 pm Daren's probably listed my 1 & 2, but here are some other likely suspects. I need to give these a proper go. I know Xenoxxx Funtime show has something to do with Digitiser, but I don't know enough about it to understand it.
Being a close personal friend* of Paul 'Mr Biffo' Rose, I do recommend a watch of absolutely bizarre Found Footage series. Alright, it's probably incomprehensible unless you're very much into Vic-and-Bob style humour. It's a cross between that awful 'YouTube poop' genre and an absurd take on terrible TV commercials, heavily laced with weapons-grade surrealism.

In the parallel universe where COVID-19 never existed, Digitiser Live 2020 happened this past July at the Harrow Arts Theatre and I exhibited my own tie-in Spectrum game based on the inaugural show in the pre-show festivities.

As it stands though, it's postponed to 2021. I still haven't coded the game, but wrote a plan for it in February. I've never released any of my ZX Spectrum games to the wider public.

* = He follows me on Twitter. On both accounts. Oh and I interviewed him on Reheated Pixels.
R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:28 pmAlso - Congrats on these polls Prodge. I can't believe that you're nearly there!
Well, the modern homebrew era A-Z has a finite ending. As for my decision to profile every single software label that ever existed in the commercial era, I reckon that's going to take up the next decade of Sundays. I am an idiot.