Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by TMD2003 »

Starquack wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:12 pmDid write some programs in Basic, machine code was just a little too much for my brain. Now I'm 51 and still enjoying spec games and chat.
You're never too old and it's never too late. I won't be 51 for another decade - providing I make it that far, which I probably won't - and I'm only just looking into machine code now. I'm kicking myself that I never gave it a shot earlier.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Starquack
Drutt

Post by Starquack »

Machine code would involve having to get hold of a spectrum again, relearning all the quirky keyboard set-up etc., I couldn't do it on an emulator.
If I did do something , it would be on AGD
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Starquack wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm Machine code would involve having to get hold of a spectrum again, relearning all the quirky keyboard set-up etc., I couldn't do it on an emulator.
You can if you've got a working copy of Spin (0.666, 0.7Q or 0.7S - I'm using 0.7Q), as it has a built-in Z80 assembler.

I am making heavy use of that now, and I'm even correcting Toni Baker with it. Yes, you heard that right!
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

We are waiting for the thousandth member... :)
Starquack
Drutt

Post by Starquack »

TMD2003 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:19 pm
Starquack wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 pm Machine code would involve having to get hold of a spectrum again, relearning all the quirky keyboard set-up etc., I couldn't do it on an emulator.
You can if you've got a working copy of Spin (0.666, 0.7Q or 0.7S - I'm using 0.7Q), as it has a built-in Z80 assembler.

I am making heavy use of that now, and I'm even correcting Toni Baker with it. Yes, you heard that right!
I have Zx Spectrum4 download which has an assembler and some other bits and bobs that I haven't used. I only bought it for the library of games,some obscure.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Pegaz wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:18 am We are waiting for the thousandth member... :)
Here it is, appropriately named:

pnvd
Drutt

Post by pnvd »

Hi

Im Pedro, from Portugal. I have a 128k +A grey, bough recently. I never add a Spectrum,so i though this was the time.
It has some issues, but that stays for later.

Thanks all
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome [mention]pnvd[/mention],

Nice to have you here.

Peter
40crisis
Drutt

Post by 40crisis »

Hello,

Rubber Zx Spectrum 48k was my first computer and past so many hours on it with friends.
I'm still enjoying using it.
I'm amazed on how strong is the spectrum community today.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Welcome, [mention]40crisis[/mention] !
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

Welcome, [mention]40crisis[/mention] !! I think you are the author of the Space Invaders simulator, right? :)
BillyS
Drutt

Post by BillyS »

Hi everyone,

I’m Billy from Gloucester. I had a 48K+ when I was a kid, I had hours of fun playing Airwolf, Spyhunter and ATV simulator plus many others.
I’m hoping I can relive my youth by joining this forum and get some useful advice on buying hardware and also emulators.
40crisis
Drutt

Post by 40crisis »

Ivanzx wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:41 am Welcome, @40crisis !! I think you are the author of the Space Invaders simulator, right? :)
Yes you're perfectly right ;)
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

40crisis wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:16 am
Ivanzx wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:41 am Welcome, @40crisis !! I think you are the author of the Space Invaders simulator, right? :)
Yes you're perfectly right ;)
Good!! :)

Any new Spectrum game in the pipeline? ;)
Martijn
Drutt

Post by Martijn »

Hi there,

My name is Martijn living in the Netherlands and I want to get to know the ZX Spectrum (My father had one in very early '80s)
So I ordered a Harlequin 128 rev 2 diy large kit and a nice plus (+) case with membrame.

Next step before everything ships in, I want to learn all about the ZX Spectrum.
I bought many books for learning Basic and Machine Language.
Not sure which of the two I should start, but after trying some emulators I found out, start with basic.
Mainly was my choice based on the struggle I had with understanding why Spectrum keys have commands under them instead of just understanding basic commands like my MSX 1 did in 1988 ;)

So I basicly started with beginning of beginner books about ZX Spectrum basic and offcourse after trying some of my own thoughts I created into a simple program I experienced questions.... for you?

So don't mind my Spectrum ignorance questions please.
Thanks and laters...
Martijn.
gdh48k
Drutt

Introduce yourself!

Post by gdh48k »

Hi everyone,

Hooked from the 1980s the humble Spectrum still casts it's spell

Revisiting the old classics retains it's magic plus I'm a stop/start Z80 dabbler. Back in the day, I'd record disassembly in the back of a school exercise book and reaching a game's main menu was a success! :D With a bit of luck now and a few pointers I'm hoping to delve a little deeper...
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Welcome.
gdh48k wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 pm Back in the day, I'd record disassembly in the back of a school exercise book and reaching a game's main menu was a success! :D With a bit of luck now and a few pointers I'm hoping to delve a little deeper...
ERIC!! Stop disassembling Spectrum games during RE!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

400 LINES [mention]R-Tape[/mention]
R-Tape wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:28 pm Welcome.
gdh48k wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 pm Back in the day, I'd record disassembly in the back of a school exercise book and reaching a game's main menu was a success! :D With a bit of luck now and a few pointers I'm hoping to delve a little deeper...
ERIC!! Stop disassembling Spectrum games during RE!
STOP FORGETTING TO GIVE ERIC LINES WHEN QUOTING SKOOL DAZE
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 am 400 LINES @R-Tape
FOR L = 0 TO 399...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome to the forums [mention]bytedelight[/mention]. Hope the new job is going well.
bytedelight
Drutt

Post by bytedelight »

Could have been better ;)

TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 am
TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 am 400 LINES @R-Tape
FOR L = 0 TO 399...
...those were the days, NEXT L.

Alternatively:

800 LINES [mention]R-Tape[/mention]

STOP MAKING YOUR SPECTRUM WRITE THE LINES FOR YOU AND PRINTING THEM ON A COLOUR LASER PRINTER IN PINK INK WITH HEARTS OVER ALL THE "I"S AND "J"S SO IT LOOKS LIKE HAYLEY WROTE THEM FOR YOU
rastersoft
Microbot

Post by rastersoft »

Hi all:

My name is Sergio. I'm from Spain, and I had a 48K Sinclair ZX Spectrum when I was a child. I learned to code in assembly, but never did anything "real" until a month ago, when I decided to try to create a game. My intention is to do a graphical adventure that would work in a 48K model, and this is what I have done so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvqEp-XsD9I
Last edited by rastersoft on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivanzx
Manic Miner

Post by Ivanzx »

rastersoft wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:09 pm Hi all:

My name is Sergio. I'm from Spain, and I had a 48K Sinclair ZX Spectrum when I was a child. I learned to code in assembly, but never did anything "real", until a month ago, that I decided to try to create a game. My intention is to do a graphical adventure that would work in a 48K model, and this is what I have done so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvqEp-XsD9I
Bienvenido por aqui!! :)

Is that footage from a normal Spectrum or a Next? :o
rastersoft
Microbot

Post by rastersoft »

Ivanzx wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 pm Bienvenido por aqui!! :)

Is that footage from a normal Spectrum or a Next? :o

It is a normal Spectrum 48K (well, running in an emulator).