Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

zx spectrum radio

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
zxfan

zx spectrum radio

Post by zxfan »

hello everyone,

i was wondering if there is a zx spectrum radio station available anywhere, especially a british one, i did search a bit but did not find any, :?:
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Re: zx spectrum radio

Post by Nitrowing »

This could have been a fantastic way of giving away games back in the 1980's - transmit a game over the airwaves to be recorded by people at home and then loaded!
5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Post by 5MinuteRetro »

Nitrowing wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:27 am This could have been a fantastic way of giving away games back in the 1980's - transmit a game over the airwaves to be recorded by people at home and then loaded!
I have no idea how widespread this was but this was certainly a thing in my area (Norfolk) in the early 1980s. Either Radio Norfolk or Radio Broadland (I can’t recall which) had some or other computing-focused show on a Sunday teatime (or thereabouts) that every week would end with a broadcast of screeching that one would be primed to record to cassette for loading into one’s computer.

Trouble is, IIRC, it was only one format per week, so I think the broadcast of Spectrum programs amounted to a handful over a year - if indeed the show even remained on air that long.

The details are inevitably hazy but I do remember clearly this happening. Ring any bells for others?
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]5MinuteRetro[/mention], yes it was trialled on BBC Radio 4 in the 80s as well. It was also tried on TV as well.

As for 8bit music (not Spectrum specific), you could try this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1624