Jack in Magicland - Turtle Software - Artwork

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

TugaofSpectrum
Dizzy

Jack in Magicland - Turtle Software - Artwork

Post by TugaofSpectrum »

Jack in Magicland by Turtle Software - Artwork

Cover both sides and tape scans on standard naming convention at 600 dpi

Link to Download here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aryzyk2b_aQPp_5za9I ... w?e=nR12oR
✓ Processed
Spezzi63
Drutt

Re: Jack in Magicland - Turtle Software - Artwork

Post by Spezzi63 »

Why this effort ?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Spezzi63 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 pm Why this effort ?
Any preservation is excellent. We aim for completeness for future generations.
TugaofSpectrum
Dizzy

Post by TugaofSpectrum »

Spezzi63 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 pm Why this effort ?
Collectors or retrogaming owners have additional responsability, they should assure the legacy for future generations by digitally preserving software, it's part of a generation history.
It's a shame that myself and other Foreign guys seem to care more about UK software history than most Brits or other folks in their original release Countries...

None of these titles were produced by 1 or 10 units, in 99,9% of cases the production and distribution was from hundreds to thousands, so a few thoughts come up to my mind, 1st one already mentioned, most seems not to bother (wtf...), 2nd a few peps think the stuff they own will worth more while not being digitally preserved, so about the former and to all those I am sorry to tell I will ruin that type of business model, 7300 original titles at my collection and I can assure that every single one will be preserved.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

TugaofSpectrum wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:47 pm None of these titles were produced by 1 or 10 units, in 99,9% of cases the production and distribution was from hundreds to thousands
Actually, most of the latest batch of homegrown games you've posted won't have sold triple figures... some won't have sold more than fifty... so it's great to see the inlays preserved. I've never seen a many of them before, despite knowing the guys who made them. Thanks for sharing your collection.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

This is fantastic that they're being preserved and uploaded, but is it possible to have them updated in a single thread please?

The multiple new threads make the Forum Home's Recent Topics a nightmare to read! Maybe I'm lazy, but the Recent Topics feature is really handy to find out what's been posted, however it's really difficult to find out what's being posted. Just a bit of user feedback....
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Conversely, I really like having them in separate threads. I can easily spot ones of interest.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.