ZX Spectrum 128 +2 (Grey) Schematics.

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

ZX Spectrum 128 +2 (Grey) Schematics.

Post by MonkZy »

I have a grey +2 with a the board revision Z70700 ISS 1. This is the UK made board which was slightly redesigned to use axial capacitors. Is the schematic for this board identical to the Z70500 ISS 3 board?

Also, I am trying to confirm the pinout of the cassette drive connector. I have worked out pins 1 and 5 are GND, and pin 3 is +5V but I cannot determine which pins are EAR and MIC. Using my dodgy ASCII diagram, when viewed with the board in front of you, is pin A the EAR or the MIC connection?

Code: Select all

GND		o
			o	A
	+5V		o
			o	B
	GND		o
I have searched the web and attempted to trace the tracks but cannot determine for sure which pin is pin 1 on this socket.
Sparky
Manic Miner

Re: ZX Spectrum 128 +2 (Grey) Schematics.

Post by Sparky »

This might help

Full link for larger view
https://spectrumforeveryone.com/wp-cont ... matics.jpg
Alex
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Just buzz out either pin (2 or 4) of the connector to pin 35 on the ULA and you’ll get your MIC, which is pin 2.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Post by MonkZy »

I followed
Ast A. Moore wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm Just buzz out either pin (2 or 4) of the connector to pin 35 on the ULA and you’ll get your MIC, which is pin 2.
I did this. The pin out is as follows :

Code: Select all

GND		o
		o	2. MIC
+5V		o
		o	4. EAR
GND		o