Spectrum numbers in "real life"

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Spectrum numbers in "real life"

Post by R-Tape »

Last week at work I was slaving over a microbalance, and needed to weigh a sample 'a bit under' 50mg. I spent AGES trying to get this to the nearest microgram!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Spectrum numbers in "real life"

Post by R-Tape »

Also in the book I'm currently reading - 'Luck' by Ed Smith, he describes the odds of Nasser Hussain losing 14 consecutive coin tosses - 16384 to 1.

Okay, maybe it's more maths/general computing, but 16384 is still a special number on the speccy.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Just finished counting the remaining number of rice krispies in a box (I'm bored) and there were 6912... the number of bytes in a screen$. Half krispies and dust didn't count, they were placed carefully into a bowl, a dash of water added, mixed and fed to the waiting birdies in the garden.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Believe it or not I used to work in quality control at the Rice Krispies factory, the specification was that each box must contain exactly 2048 that 'snap','crackle' and 'pop' respectively. The remaining 768 could be miscellaneous factory floor sweepings, which are predominantly silent when soaked in milk.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

My microwave is trying to suggest me to play a very decent conversion of a good arcade game based on WWII.