Calling all ZX Spectrum Devs

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Morcar
Microbot

Calling all ZX Spectrum Devs

Post by Morcar »

Calling all ZX Spectrum developers

I am putting together a DivMMC starter pack with the latest version of ESXDOS and was wondering if any of you would want to submit any of your wonderful games to the pack.

Full credit and any websites/youtube you have would be added to a text document and of course, you will still have copyright of your games.

I thought this might be a good idea for new beginners into the ZX Spectrum to get it all up and running and see what the modern age of Spectrum computing is all about.

If you want to submit please PM or by commenting below on that you want to be a part of the ESXDOS starter pack and list what games you want to submit.

Thank you for your time.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Calling all ZX Spectrum Devs

Post by R-Tape »

I'll have a think, could I check first what 'brand' this is being released under - is it "Morcar's ESXDOS starter pack" for example?
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

actually, as I deleted my last post it wouldn't be under any brand unless someone didn't want to add their games to it because of such reasons.

It would be free to the public
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

No that's fine, just wanted a bit more info.

Yep have my permission to use any of my games you think would fit (links in my signature).
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:16 pm No that's fine, just wanted a bit more info.

Yep have my permission to use any of my games you think would fit (links in my signature).
Thank you so much R-Tape
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Sounds interesting. I’m in the process of updating Yankee; might take a while. Is there a deadline?
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

there is no deadline as it will be constantly update once launched
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Got it!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Feel free to use any of my (Rafal Miazga) games. I want them tor reach as many people as possible. Just mention my name,
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Thank you Ralf
Blerkotron
Dizzy

Post by Blerkotron »

Happy for any of my games to be considered providing credit is given and it's all free, Morcar:
https://blerkotron.itch.io/
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

yip its all free to the public once released and i will keep it up to date with added games
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

All my Spectrum games already have distribution permission granted to all free sites, thus you are welcome to redistribute them too! :)
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm All my Spectrum games already have distribution permission granted to all free sites, thus you are welcome to redistribute them too! :)
Thank you
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi Morcar, that sounds like a neat idea. Many of my games come in multi-language .TRD format, compatible with ESXDOS 0.8.5.

Sophia and Al's Double Bill are already tested for use with ESXDOS 0.8.6 beta 4 and are ready to be added.

Seto Taisho Vs Yokai needs to be 'patched' to work with that version without modifying the TRDOS.CFG file (see this thread to understand what I mean). I'll see to fix that issue and then I'll inform you through this thread.

Funky Fungus could also be made compatible, however I would not like it to be added to the pack right now because it's also going to be revised and enhanced in the future.

Cousin Horace and Cronopios Y Famas do not currently have a TRD multi-language edition available. If you are not in a hurry with your project, I could provide a specifically made version for them as well, but it will take some time.

Anyway, I should ask you to include the documentation files for each game in the pack. Also check my YouTube channel for demo and trailer videos.

Here are the links for Sophia and ADB, latest versions. The only files you really need are the .TRD multi-language versions and the .PDF and .TXT documentation. Again, I will post further information here about the other titles, so stay tuned ;)
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Thats fine and there is so rush for the others as this will be constantly updated anyway and i can add the games when you are done. I will also add a folder called Game Documentation and add all the stuff in each of your games in there (maybe even have it in another folder to make life easy to find it)
utz
Microbot

Post by utz »

If you'd be interested in adding some non-game material feel free to include my dat fuzz beeper music album which is available for download here.
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

That would be fantastic ... thank you
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi Morcar, Seto Taisho Vs Yokai is now patched to work with ESXDOS 0.8.6 beta 4 as well. Download it from my website (remember you do not need the whole set, just the TRD file and the files in the DOC subdirectory).
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Thank you will add this to the pack.

I am looking to release V1.0 by the end of the week with any luck.
The amount of support I have had from all developers have been amazing and I can't thank you all enough.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

As I have posted elsewhere too, feel free to include my games (SteelBall and Extruder).
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

thank you