1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
stefano
Drutt

1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Post by stefano »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... 0-and-zx81

The project is to publish on a physical cassette a real chess playing program for the original and unexpanded ZX80 and ZX81, able to play challenging games with the full set of rules (including king castling, pawn en-passant captures and underpromotions).

Hope some of you might be interested! :)

stefano
Drutt

Re: 1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Post by stefano »

A little teaser for a cover example...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]stefano[/mention], out if interest, could I ask why you went with the Kickstarter model, rather than selling directly when you have completed the program. I can understand Kickstarter when you have to get a physical product built. I appreciate the tape duplication but many home coders back in the day used to do this manually at home. I assume we are not talking 100s here?

Kickstarter and similar are always a risk, and having had my fingers burnt in the past I would be very hesitant.

I of course wish you good luck though.
stefano
Drutt

Post by stefano »

Ciao Peter,
I didn't have any (negative or positive) experience with kickstarter nor other publishing methods (for which infact I've discovered few as feedback received with the project submission). It was just seeming a tool to reach a (small) critical mass that on one side would kick me a bit to finalize a new and improved version of the program, and on the other would allow the possibility to use professional grade facilities that requires a minimum of orders...