Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
stefano
Drutt

1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Post by stefano »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... 0-and-zx81

The project is to publish on a physical cassette a real chess playing program for the original and unexpanded ZX80 and ZX81, able to play challenging games with the full set of rules (including king castling, pawn en-passant captures and underpromotions).

Hope some of you might be interested! :)

stefano
Drutt

Re: 1K Real Chess for Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81

Post by stefano »

A little teaser for a cover example...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]stefano[/mention], out if interest, could I ask why you went with the Kickstarter model, rather than selling directly when you have completed the program. I can understand Kickstarter when you have to get a physical product built. I appreciate the tape duplication but many home coders back in the day used to do this manually at home. I assume we are not talking 100s here?

Kickstarter and similar are always a risk, and having had my fingers burnt in the past I would be very hesitant.

I of course wish you good luck though.
stefano
Drutt

Post by stefano »

Ciao Peter,
I didn't have any (negative or positive) experience with kickstarter nor other publishing methods (for which infact I've discovered few as feedback received with the project submission). It was just seeming a tool to reach a (small) critical mass that on one side would kick me a bit to finalize a new and improved version of the program, and on the other would allow the possibility to use professional grade facilities that requires a minimum of orders...