For Woot! 2019 I did the Assembloids type game Sploids

I have now polished it up for the Sam Coupe and the result is here

Sploids

Hope you enjoy if you try it out :)
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Newish Game: Sam Coupe "Sploids"

Post by TMD2003 »

I may have to familiarise myself with the original first, but anything SAM-related is very welcome.

Now, if you can do that, how about making the first SAM Coupé CSSCGC entry since... last December? (And only the third ever, that is, if you beat [mention]equinox[/mention] to it, who's made a half-promise a few days ago...)

Look at that loading screen. I even made a tape version that loads in real time on ZEsarUX so it's obvious to everyone who tried it what a SAM loading screen looks like.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

TMD2003 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 am Now, if you can do that, how about making the first SAM Coupé CSSCGC entry since... last December? (And only the third ever, that is, if you beat @equinox to it, who's made a half-promise a few days ago...)
Oh? which was the first? I'll check them out :)
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Spud wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 am
TMD2003 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:56 am Now, if you can do that, how about making the first SAM Coupé CSSCGC entry since... last December? (And only the third ever, that is, if you beat @equinox to it, who's made a half-promise a few days ago...)
Oh? which was the first? I'll check them out :)
The first was Advanced Superior Space Invaders 2600 Conversion Simulator in [mention]R-Tape[/mention]'s 2013 competition:

http://csscgc2013.blogspot.com/2013/05/ ... -2600.html

EDIT: ...by "Spud"!

So you've really got no excuses at all. MUSH!
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

:lol:
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

This is ace, great work. I'm not so keen on the second graphics set, but everything else is fantastic.
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Glad you like it, the second graphics set doesn't work so well, but seemed a shame to not include it :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Spud wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 pm Glad you like it, the second graphics set doesn't work so well, but seemed a shame to not include it :)
Just my opinion: it'd be better using only the first graphic set, or making it selectable rather than toggled, but it's a really polished game either way.

BTW it will appear in ZXDB as "Sploids" and AKA "SAMoids", or would you prefer the other way round?
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

R-Tape wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm BTW it will appear in ZXDB as "Sploids" and AKA "SAMoids", or would you prefer the other way round?
Hmm, official name is Sploids, samoids was more of a developmental name; so the former would be best :)