Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

Connecting +2 via SCART

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
SpeccyKev
Dizzy

Connecting +2 via SCART

Post by SpeccyKev »

Will this work without any mods?

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 / +2 to SCART TV/Monitor lead/cable with audio jack (2 metres) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087M84VQG/ ... 8DQMCC7XQE
Crafty88
Drutt

Re: Connecting +2 via SCART

Post by Crafty88 »

It should.
I have a retro computer shack version and use that on a +2 and toastrack with no modifications.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

As Crafty says it should work [mention]SpeccyKev[/mention], but it's not a brand I have heard of. Personally I use Retro Computer Shack too.

https://www.retrocomputershack.com/
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

SpeccyKev wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:01 pm Will this work without any mods?
Assuming your ZX Spectrum +2 is the version in a grey case and which uses a 9V PSU with a barrel type connector then this cable may work. A different cable is needed for the +2A, +2B and +3 models.

I also recommend Retro Computer Shack cables. As a second choice, I use Cool Novelties for cables for my computers. Both also trade on eBay.

Also please note that some +2 (grey) computers have a manufacturing fault. This problem does affect some of the signals on the RGB/monitor output. So no one can guarantee that any RGB or composite cable will work correctly.

Mark
Last edited by 1024MAK on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Retro Shack and Cool Novelties are my choices too for my 128K/+2 and +2A/+3. Both reliable manufacturers selling at reasonable prices. I purchased the cables from their ebay shops.
SpeccyKev
Dizzy

Post by SpeccyKev »

Ok thanks everyone. Will try them.