N-Go Board

The Speccy's spritely young offspring. Discuss everything from FPGA to ZX
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Re: N-Go Board

Post by Jbizzel »

The board has a jumper and 2 pins to allow a plug-in on/off switch to be added easily.

The NGO case comes with a suitable switch, but you.must be able to buy them on eBay if you know where to look.

I had an inline power switch like [mention]PeterJ[/mention] suggested. It was £1.50 on eBay, advertised for CCTV cameras. Works perfectly.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Sparky wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 pm Thanks Peter. That has really peeked my interest, I think I'm going to purchase one.
Did you end up buying one [mention]Sparky[/mention]?
Sparky
Manic Miner

Post by Sparky »

Not yet. I'm struggling between the N-Go and the Next. I know the prices are different, but I've been looking more closely at the Next and the more I read about it, the more attractive it becomes.
Alex
bix66
Drutt

Post by bix66 »

Hello everyone, sorry but I also fell in love with the Next but since there is no longer the purchase campaign,
I am turning to the N-GO. I would like to take the complete one but I did not understand if it is already equipped with the WIFI module and the Raspberry-Pi or if you have to buy them separately and then install them (it seems to me that this is the case for the Raspberry-Pi, but I am not able to do these works...).
Another question, where can I find any differences between the Next and the N-GO? If I'm not mistaken, the N-GO can easily manage the spectrum 48k software via key, at least that's what it says, correct?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]bix66[/mention]

The N-Go is 100% compatible with the Next

You need to purchase the WiFi module and Raspberry Pi Zero separately. You can buy them though at the same time:

https://manuferhi.com/c/n-go
If the wifi module is added to the purchase and RPI Zero will be included already assembled.
If you purchase the Raspberry Pi from the above company it already has the header soldered on for you, so it is just a case of plugging it in. The ESP WiFi module just plugs in too.

This is the company I purchased then N-Go from, but please don't take this as a recommendation.
bix66
Drutt

Post by bix66 »

Hi @PeterJ,
Thank you so much for the answers, very kind !!
I wrote directly to the site and they will tell me if there is availability for the beginning of May of the complete N-Go.
funkheld
Dizzy

Post by funkheld »

Hi good afternoon.
https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/view ... f=6&t=3761

I also ordered my n-go complete with wifi and raspi here.
should arrive in Germany in a few days.

https://manuferhi.com/c/n-go

greeting
funkheld
Dizzy

Post by funkheld »

Hi good afternoon.
what language do you use to program your next / n-go?

i got to know this nextbuild and use it with the next and cspect on the pi400 and also on the notebook.

greeting.
adonet
Drutt

Post by adonet »

I read this site about fundraising for a new spectrum+ keyboard remake.
https://retroradionics.co.uk/#!/Toastra ... category=0
That may be interesting for this ZX Spectrum Next clone.
I am Using ZX Machines since 1981.
bix66
Drutt

Post by bix66 »

It would be great !!!
The N-GO case and keyboard are fine but I love the N-GO compatible zx 48+ case ....
Who knows when it will be available ....