Repair or Buy....

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
nemesis
Drutt

Repair or Buy....

Post by nemesis »

hello to all!

I live in Greece.
I have two spectrum 48K (rubber keys and hard keys) units and I need someone to repair them. Preferably within European Union because UK-EU regulations impose taxes,customs etc and the price goes ridiculously high!!

If I cannot repair them I would like to buy a refurbished rubber keys spectrum 48K, also preferably within European Union .

thank you in advance

Konstantinos
Morpheus
Microbot

Re: Repair or Buy....

Post by Morpheus »

I would be willing to help, I normally repair/upgrade Oric’s, 64’s and Atari 8-Bits, however, I do repair Speccy’s as well. If you have no joy with any EU members then drop me a line if you want.
My last Speccy was a new build based on the repro issue 3B PCB and that was fun, it’s my main 48K now.
R Tape loading error, 0:1
patters
Manic Miner

Re: Repair or Buy....

Post by patters »

The other option is to have a go repairing them yourself with coaching on here from forum members. A lot of people here, myself included, once believed they lacked the practical skills to do this until a broken Spectrum provided the motivation.

For instance I didn't believe I could desolder a chip without ruining a board - and I recently desoldered a 40pin Z80 with a faulty M1 line, with no damage to the motherboard or the chip, using only a simple spring-loaded solder sucker. As for locating the issue, hardware experts like [mention]1024MAK[/mention] have a very clear fault finding process that they can take you though, and there are many excellent YouTube videos.