Hating on the captcha

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
andydansby
Microbot

Hating on the captcha

Post by andydansby »

No matter which device I use to visit spectrum computing, I get pushed to the captcha screen. A bit tired of selecting all the busses, trains and boats. Any one else gets this?

If we have to continue to do this, how about choosing a captcha where you pick out ZX Spectrum computers from other 8 bit computers at the time.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Hating on the captcha

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]andydansby[/mention],

Sorry you are getting so many captchas.

Please PM me with the following:

A screengrab of the captcha you are getting
What country you are in
What browser you are using
Do you have any special software such as a VPN or similar

The captcha is chosen by Cloudflare, so I can't change it.
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

andydansby wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm No matter which device I use to visit spectrum computing, I get pushed to the captcha screen. A bit tired of selecting all the busses, trains and boats. Any one else gets this?
Exactly the same problem every time :(
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Please do the same [mention]azesmbog[/mention] as I asked [mention]andydansby[/mention] to do.

We were getting a lots of hits on the website from particular countries. Some countries where we were getting masses of hits from were moved to the challenge list on Cloudflare. I'm happy to remove any countries from this list on a trial basis and as long as the server isn't impacted they stay on the safe list

Once you have answered the Challenge that should last for a while unless you flush cookies.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

andydansby wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:19 pm A bit tired of selecting all the busses, trains and boats. Any one else gets this?
Oh, yeah. I get ’em bad.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.