Arcade ZX Collection : Tetris

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
patters
Manic Miner

Re: Arcade ZX Collection : Tetris

Post by patters »

Did you find out if you can send two tapes for the same postage charge?
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Sorry, [mention]patters[/mention], not yet, this is being a complete full and fool laboral week for me :(
I'm going tomorrow for sure to the post office and I'll tell you ;)
If something works, don't touch it !!!! at all !!!
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Hi all!!

Here the updated postage & manipulation charges:

Code: Select all

- TAPE 10€ each (Anteater or/and Tetris) PLUS:

- Shipments (1 tape):
SPA-NORM	2,25€
SPA-CERT	5,70€
EUR-NORM	3,60€
EUR-CERT	7,90€

- Shipments (2 tapes):
SPA-NORM	3,50€
SPA-CERT	6,95€
EUR-NORM	7,80€
EUR-CERT	12,10€
E.g. 1 tape for UK normal way: 10+3.60 = 13.60€

You can reserve by paying now. Just send me a PM and I'll tell you what to do. I'll go to post office next friday to send your taps

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Here there's something I don't understand...
Last edited by Bubu on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Here there's something I don't understand...

1 tape for UK is 13.60€, but 2 tapes is 27.80€, more than the double????

Let me find out...

OK, confirmed. The thing is that 1 tape weights 80, and 2 tapes weights 110, and there's a tarification for less than 100, and another for more than 100, so that's right. I'm sorry about that, it's postage matters...
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Hi guys!

After apllying a little TLC to the screen$ (4 or 5 hours), finally I got to this:

And that's the final version :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I'm going next friday to post office, if you want to purchase one hurry up and tell me !!
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Here we are, family' is increasing :D

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Sadly I sold all my Speccy computers. I could have bought you a copy of the game. :cry:
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

ooohhh... and what are u doing in a forum like this? Have you sold all your speccies!!!!!??? Bad boy...
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

I've just come from the post office, I've sent all the tapes you've purchased by the moment, thank you all of you!!! Please let me know as soon as you get the tapes, and some comments would be appreciated ;)

Next sending will be on 8th October, so if you want a TETRIS tape (or ANTEATER or both) just send me a PM or email and I'll reserve your parcel for that day.

Thanx!!
patters
Manic Miner

Post by patters »

Hi Bubu,

I received my tape today. Last weekend I had disassembled my old Panasonic auto reverse walkman and fitted a new belt especially to play this. It's my last remaining tape player. That was pretty tricky side project in itself as the PCB has to be desoldered to get at the belt pulleys.

Initially tonight I couldn't seem to get the tape to load but then I remembered that business about mono and stereo jack incompatibility and so, by mostly pulling out the stereo jack from the tape player end, I was able to get the game to load! I have now ordered a barrel connector to change from stereo to mono 3.5mm, which should fix that.

Fantastic work on the graphics - this is very polished indeed, in fact from the tape inlay to every aspect of the game. The beeper music during the gameplay is a highlight too, very unusual for a 48K game.

I've found the gameplay a bit tricky because I've recently been playing Gameboy Tetris in which you can rotate pieces in both directions, which you can't do in this version. But I presume this is a constraint of the arcade version you have converted. I did get far enough to see the dancer though :)

Fantastic game, I really like it!
If you're ever doing an update, Kempston support would be nice with fire to rotate.
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Thanx a lot for your comments, [mention]patters[/mention] !! I love that you enjoy the game. Yes, the game is a "clon" of Atari Tetris for Arcades, not of Nintendo. If you play Tetris with MAME you'll see how similar is that to this :lol:

If you want me to send a TAP file for emulators, just send me a PM or an email.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

I'm happy to say my order of Tetris arrived this week. It seemed really quick to get here especially since Bubu and I live on the opposite sides of the globe. Thanks Bubu for sending it so promptly and also for supplying the .tap file to play on an emulator.

I must say this game is a spot-on remake of the original. It's fun to play and happens to have all the makings of a great Speccy game - sensible and responsive controls, the addictive factor, colorful graphics, fun animation, a nice loading screen and good presentation and sound. If I didn't have a bunch of chores to take care of today I'd be playing this all day long trying to beat my own high score.

Please let us know when the next Arcade ZX entry is ready.

:D :D :D
Sparky
Manic Miner

Post by Sparky »

For some reason, I always found Tetris to be difficult, I mean as a game/concept. My brain just doesn't like it :?
Alex
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

I love your comments, [mention]cmal[/mention]!!

I've delivered these games to lot of different countries (Germany, England, Portugal, Denmark, Holland, Spain, ...) but never outside Europe, but you. I have to ask, are you USAn, or English, or from where? I mean, I don't know anybody from USA who likes or have a Spectrum, as this computer was almost 100% to european market.

And OK, I'll tell you about the next release ;) I think it will be for the spring of next year, even it has something to do with that season :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Ah, I've got 20 new blank tapes, so if you want to purchase one you can do it by sending an email or a PM!! Let's gooooooo!!!!!!
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Bubu wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm
I've delivered these games to lot of different countries (Germany, England, Portugal, Denmark, Holland, Spain, ...) but never outside Europe, but you. I have to ask, are you USAn, or English, or from where? I mean, I don't know anybody from USA who likes or have a Spectrum, as this computer was almost 100% to european market.
Yes, the Spectrum is very unknown here in the US. I don't know of anyone here who has heard of it. I grew up in South Africa where the Spectrum was hugely popular back in the day, so that's how I came to own one. I moved to the US in 1996.
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Heyyyy, next Tetris shipload is ready... I'll go to the post office on friday.. .thank you to all of you for purchasing this tape :D

And for the rest, keep in mind that you still can purchase a tape, just PM'me or email'me.

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Bubu wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 pm ooohhh... and what are u doing in a forum like this? Have you sold all your speccies!!!!!??? Bad boy...
Economical needs. :cry:

Someday in the future, "I'll be back" (as Arnie says) unto Speccy world whenever I can get another Spectrum, but for now I had to make some clearance at home.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

BTW, I've already seen Anteater available as TAP at SC archive. Is it now released? :o :) :) :)

At least, I'm still playing Spectrum games with emulators. :D
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Sorry about that... Economical needs are fatal, I can understand you.

Yes, Anteater is available, it was my "tribute" to this great forum, it was an honour for me to form part of that great universal list of Spectrum titles, beside Jet Pac, Horace Goes skiing, Manic Miner... It's amazing!.

But next releases as this Tetris is not going to be published, only for buyers that purchase the physical edition ;)
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

Hi all!!

I've gone to the post office and the tetris is going to your home! 😃
To those who chose the certified shipping option, I'll send your tracking number.
Plz notify me when you've got your tape.

Thank youu!!!

PD: Remember that TETRIS (and ANTEATER) is still available, so you can buy your copy whenever you want.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

[mention]Bubu[/mention] PM sent
Bubu
Manic Miner

Post by Bubu »

[mention]R-Tape[/mention], you too :D
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Bubu wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm
Luzie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:29 pm @Bubu Is this also a two-player simultaneous game?
Good question! I tried to implement 2 players, but the effort was so titanic and as nobody plays in a Spectrum with friends, that I decided not to go on with 2 players developing. Instead of that I invested the time on copying all melodies in every note and graphics in every pixel. Only the russian dances took me for 2 months pixeling every day...
Nobody plays on a Spectrum with a friend. That´s not true. And Tetris is surely one of the games where you can get you girlfriend exited about.
But no real problem to worry about!

Today I do my first tried on the purchased .TAP-Version viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5843&p=79059&hilit=tetris#p79059 and now I´m at search of the Controls/Coins-In etc. Is there a key-table anywhere? Does it support Kempston-Joystick?

btw.: Happy New Year from your Game and me :D