Friday Quiz: Cars

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
redballoon
Manic Miner

Re: Friday Quiz: Cars

Post by redballoon »

I put waaaaay too much effort into finding this, I must say ;)
It looked like a graphic from around 1990 give or take a year but it was really between 89 or 90 in my head.
I then had a good think at what games had that that top down 3/4 view so I had a look at Midnight Resistance, Cabal, Shadow Warriors and so on. I then recalled there were a few street football games. It was bugging me that I did know what this was from, and there was Street Gang Football from Codemasters, and I’m currently trying to collect all Codemasters Spectrum games. Looking at the screenshot on SC, where there’s no car, I spotted the texture on the road. The placement of the background pixels behind the car matched and the road went from yellow to white, where the pavement comes in, and that matches the bottom of the car. I then looked at the back of the inlay and there’s the top of the car in one of the screenshots. Just to confirm, I found a playthrough on YouTube. Phew!

I really did have nothing else to do on my Friday night!
Last edited by redballoon on Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

Like anyone needed to know that…
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

Sounds like the sort of rabbit hole I find myself going down when I see a new post in the "guess the screens" thread, only in my case I never actually figure out where the picture came from and it ends up being a waste of time. :lol: