Petscii Robots

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Petscii Robots

Post by Andre Leao »

abelenki
Dizzy

Re: Petscii Robots

Post by abelenki »

heh, 8-bit guy rules. :D

the game is ported to most retro-platforms. awesome, awesome...
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration
zxcygnus
Drutt

Post by zxcygnus »

I just finished fifth map and must say, it is very playable game. I cannot compare with other platforms yet, but i am very happy with version for ZX Spectrum :) (i am playing mostly 02 - GFX Robots.tap)

Petscii robots is something between action game, maybe dungeon crawl and sokoban with very weird esthetics. But in summary it works perfectly together.

And soundtracks from Shiru are just perfect. 10$ well spent.
https://cygnus.speccy.cz/ - mostly harmless user of ZX Spectrum 128k +2, Betadisk with TRDOS 5.05cz or DivIDE with ESXDOS
Pobulous
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pobulous »

To be fair it was designed originally for the Commodore PET (which is a text only green screen machine) and then ported to other systems.

Other systems (including the Speccy) get a colour graphical version as well as a version with a simulation of the PETSCII 'graphics'.

It does seem a little pricey for a download only Speccy game, but it's inline with the other versions.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

this is an underrated game... It reminds me Laser Squad... :)