Return of the Jedi

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Return of the Jedi

Post by Andre Leao »

Do I have to say who was responsible for this preservation? Steven Brwons, of course... :)

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... y-mia.html
zup
Manic Miner

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by zup »

I remember playing a similar game where you had to avoid that any of the 8 tentacles reach the center. That game was also published in Load'n'run... is this game a hack?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

This one's already in the archive. There's nothing else to add by the looks of it.

It's a decent laser-wheel game this, but 6 quid in 1983?!!
zup wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 am I remember playing a similar game where you had to avoid that any of the 8 tentacles reach the center. That game was also published in Load'n'run... is this game a hack?
It would be interesting to know if there is a Load 'n' Run equivalent out there - shout out if anyone finds it. However, my experience so far is that the LnR version is the hack.
Gilby
Drutt

Post by Gilby »

The existing dump is a .tap file, the .tzx file will give you accurate pauses between blocks if nothing else.

Steve
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

It's actually called RETURN OF THE JEDY. According to PCW: "The title, as you see, is cunningly disguised so you won't realise the game has anything to do with the film" :)

It's interesting to see how often titles were mispelled (intentionally or not) back in the day, for instance LASER was frequently mispelled as LAZER. Mistranslations were even more frequent, some very recent examples are THE STIG and DEPTH LOAD. Does anybody remember any others?