Trying to find a game title.

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
wicklowbloke
Drutt

Trying to find a game title.

Post by wicklowbloke »

I´m trying find the title of a game if anyone can help. It was a two dimensional game with the main character floating around and you had to squeeze through various gaps without touching the walls or edges. It may have been based underwater but cant remember. I remember it was a bit additive playing it for a few weeks.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Trying to find a game title.

Post by Morkin »

Random guess.

Jason's Gem?
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
wicklowbloke
Drutt

Post by wicklowbloke »

Interesting but not that one. It did have the fine pixel by pixel movement though. I think the characher was like an angel or something.
blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

Kokotoni Wilf?
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

I played a similar game not too long ago, but I can't remember the title. It may or may not be the same game. Anyway, I recall you have to guide something from start to finish without touching anything along the way. The screens are drawn with asterisks as the walls/tunnels and your character has a pendulum thing swinging left and right all the time, adding to the challenge.

The game only works with Issue 2 keyboard.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

cmal wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:48 am I played a similar game not too long ago, but I can't remember the title. It may or may not be the same game. Anyway, I recall you have to guide something from start to finish without touching anything along the way. The screens are drawn with asterisks as the walls/tunnels and your character has a pendulum thing swinging left and right all the time, adding to the challenge.

Sounds like Crazy Balloons:

spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

Pixy/Micrdot or its sequel ?
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

just throwing Rapscallion into the mix
jdanddiet
Manic Miner

Post by jdanddiet »

wicklowbloke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:56 pm I´m trying find the title of a game if anyone can help. It was a two dimensional game with the main character floating around and you had to squeeze through various gaps without touching the walls or edges. It may have been based underwater but cant remember. I remember it was a bit additive playing it for a few weeks.
Scuba Dive?
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

71owl
Dizzy

Post by 71owl »

Definitely not underwater but could it be Airwolf?
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

If I may, please forgive my little joke, but it's, aha, definitely - you know - if you'll excuse me *clears throat*... not Stonkers.

*Exit, pursued by a bear.*
wicklowbloke
Drutt

Post by wicklowbloke »

blucey wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:10 amKokotoni Wilf?
I think this may be it. The character definitely looks right, though I thought it was slower moving. The birds ring a bell too, though I thought when the character died a bird flew down and took him away. (I may be mixing that up with some other game). I just played the game a bit and it seem easier than I remember. Maybe there was some king of copy or sequel to this game which may have been harder. But I think this is it. Thanks for the recommendations. I spent a lot of time trawling through lists of games trying to figure it out.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

StooB wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:53 am
cmal wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:48 am I played a similar game not too long ago, but I can't remember the title. It may or may not be the same game. Anyway, I recall you have to guide something from start to finish without touching anything along the way. The screens are drawn with asterisks as the walls/tunnels and your character has a pendulum thing swinging left and right all the time, adding to the challenge.

Sounds like Crazy Balloons:

Thanks [mention]StooB[/mention] . That's the one!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Mpk wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:08 pm If I may, please forgive my little joke, but it's, aha, definitely - you know - if you'll excuse me *clears throat*... not Stonkers.
Is it Mire Mare?