Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS

Field Programmable Gate Array based devices! As exciting as they sound
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Re: Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS

Post by bob_fossil »

Luzie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:00 pm No one else discovered this on divIDE/No_MMC_Memory version 0.21 Final of Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS?
@bob_fossil you read this?
I cannot replicate the crash. If I exit from the NMI browser with BREAK it exits correctly - it doesn't reset. This is with Fuse emulating a divIDE and esxDOS 0.8.9.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

bob_fossil wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:54 pm
Luzie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:00 pm No one else discovered this on divIDE/No_MMC_Memory version 0.21 Final of Long Filename Browser for ZX-UNO / esxDOS?
@bob_fossil you read this?
I cannot replicate the crash. If I exit from the NMI browser with BREAK it exits correctly - it doesn't reset. This is with Fuse emulating a divIDE and esxDOS 0.8.9.
Thank you! Will do tests again and tell the results here.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Luzie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:16 pm Thank you! Will do tests again and tell the results here.
@bob_fossil Discovered something strange... with 256MB size for the .HDF-Image I get the reset I described. Copying the same files to a 128MB .HDF-Image it shows error "No such FILE or DIR, 0:1" on Fuse with divIDE:

Here you can download both HDF-Files: https://magentacloud.de/s/LekCaJsYBye3yKs
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

Hi i've read on a previous post someone having issues with cursor key selection, I have a +2 grey the up & right cursor keys dont work...I've gone into .brwscfg tried selecting them but have not had any luck. Any ideas? :)
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

jonb70 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:28 pm Hi i've read on a previous post someone having issues with cursor key selection, I have a +2 grey the up & right cursor keys dont work...I've gone into .brwscfg tried selecting them but have not had any luck. Any ideas? :)
If you unplug your divIDE/dicMMC and start your +2 up, does cursor up work in the 128k power on menu? If you go into 128 BASIC do the cursor keys work in there? Does Caps Shift + 7 and Cap Shift + 8 work? What numbers are you getting shown in .brwscfg when you try and define browser up and right with cursor up and right?
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

New test version available here.

Quite a few changes in this one and I've probably broken a couple of things in the No_MMC_Memory version as well, so if you're not a fan of testing and bug reporting then you'd best sit this one out. :)
  • Added _TPE tape internal browser plugin. Now when you launch a .tap file or insert one (Caps Shift + I), pressing Caps Shift + T in the browser pops up a dialog which lets you set the virtual tape head position for the currently open tape. Caps Shift + R rewinds the tape back to the start. Cursor Up / Down moves the current tape position, ENTER selects the current position and exit and BREAK exits without changing the tape position.
  • Plugins can now draw status icons to an area on the bottom status bar (between the disk units text and the stripe). Plugins that currently support this include the _TPE tape browser (shows a busy icon while processing the .tap file) and the PT2/PT3 module player (shows a play symbol and next / previous track when navigating to the next / previous file).
  • Added .plugcfg option to the PT3 plugin to make browser up / down do next / previous track and browser left / right do first / last track. 'Browser Up/Down Next/Prev song'.
  • No_MMC-Memory version now supports the text viewer (Symbol Shift + V), viewing .TXT files and playing PT2 and PT3 files.
  • No_MMC-Memory version now uses the internal browser plugins for pokes (Caps Shift + K) and saving snapshot files (Caps Shift + S).
  • Made some optimisations to the LFN disk reading code.
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

Hi Bob, in .brwscfg all cursors work its only when im in the divmmc environment the keys dont respond! All very wierd. In .brwsrcfg the cursors are numbered Up 11, Down 10, Left 8, Right 9 & Select 13...Hope this helps
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

jonb70 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:29 am Hi Bob, in .brwscfg all cursors work its only when im in the divmmc environment the keys dont respond! All very wierd. In .brwsrcfg the cursors are numbered Up 11, Down 10, Left 8, Right 9 & Select 13...Hope this helps
So all the cursor keys work okay in .brwscfg, just not in the NMI or .browse? Does Caps Shift+5,6,7,8 work (this should do the same as the stand alone cursor keys)?

From the BASIC prompt, if you do:

Code: Select all

.hexdump /bin/browse.cfg
What output do you get on the screen?
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

Screen displays this: 00000000 20 38 00 07 47 70 01 63
00000008 00 0B 0A 08 09 0D

Pressing capshift +5,6 work but 7,8 do nothing...
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

All cursors work in .browse
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

jonb70 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:44 am Screen displays this: 00000000 20 38 00 07 47 70 01 63
00000008 00 0B 0A 08 09 0D

Pressing capshift +5,6 work but 7,8 do nothing...
In .brwscfg, if you switch to the Input section, could you try setting 'Kempston Joystick' to off. Save your settings with Caps Shift + S and then try the browser again?
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

It wouldnt save under Capshift+s only if i press S on its own, but the same issue cursor up & right wont respond...only if i .browse all cursors respond.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

If you run .browse, open the BIN folder and cursor down to select the BROWSE.BIN file. Press Caps Shift + V to open the hex viewer. Do the cursor keys work in the hex view? Cursor up and down will scroll backwards and forwards through the file and cursor left and right should move you to the start and end of the file.
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

yes cursors work in hex viewer
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

bob_fossil wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:26 am New test version available here.
test version 0.22 does not work for me at all, not through NMI using the F5 key, nor through the dot command .browse
the previous version 0.21a4 is up and running. But PT2 playback does not work in it, but PT3 works
Am I doing something wrong?
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

azesmbog wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:07 pm
test version 0.22 does not work for me at all, not through NMI using the F5 key, nor through the dot command .browse
the previous version 0.21a4 is up and running. But PT2 playback does not work in it, but PT3 works
@azesmbog could you please tell us a little bit more what BROWSE_TEST022-1 "does not work for me at all" means? You are using divMMC with memory size? Does it not open or does it reset Speccy? You tested under Emulation or real hardware?
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

does not work - it means the browser does not start at all.
In real life, ZXUno, Kyp core, but I can check other cores, although it's more difficult :)
When I press the F5 button, I see the bottom line of the browser for a split second and immediately return to BASIC.
Is that clearer?? The previous version is working. Or have I forgotten how to launch a browser ?? :(
I'm crying :(
upd: Exactly the same with the EXP27 core.
Last edited by azesmbog on Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

azesmbog wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:34 pm When I press the F5 button, I see the bottom line of the browser for a split second and immediately return to BASIC.
Is that clearer?? The previous version is working. Or have I forgotten how to launch a browser ?? :(
I'm crying :(
Same here (=Pressing F5 resets Speccy after short displaying the bottom line of the browser).
I tested here under Fuse with divMMC.
@bob_fossil may it have to do with the TMP/tmp-Folder? Is this folder case-sensitiv?
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

azesmbog wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:07 pm
I did some optimisations to the LFN code which seemed to be working for me here in Fuse but don't seem to be running properly anywhere else. :)

You need the final release of v0.21 for PT2 playback to work. a4 still has the broken PT2 plugin.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

jonb70 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:53 pm yes cursors work in hex viewer
How strange. Does this older version of the browser work any better or worse? If you redefine the browser keys to Q,A,O,P and ENTER do they work?
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

So the code that was working fine in Fuse didn't work at all when I ran it on my ZX-UNO. I've re-uploaded the test version which should hopefully fix the issue. Well, it starts on my ZX_UNO now. :)
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

bob_fossil wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:22 pm You need the final release of v0.21 for PT2 playback to work.
I missed the final 0.21
Yes, everything works fine with him.
I'm waiting for a working beta 0.22 :)
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

azesmbog wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:16 pm I missed the final 0.21
@azesmbog You can download v0.21 Final here: https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/down ... p?id=13477
jonb70
Drutt

Post by jonb70 »

bob_fossil wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:08 pm
jonb70 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:53 pm yes cursors work in hex viewer
How strange. Does this older version of the browser work any better or worse? If you redefine the browser keys to Q,A,O,P and ENTER do they work?
Very strange & yes Q,A,O,P work fine.
its been the same on two previous installs of the browser im on v.21 now. I'll just continue with the kempston option & keep the keys set to QAOP but it would be intersting to see if anyone else with a +2 grey has the same issue.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

bob_fossil wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:10 pm So the code that was working fine in Fuse didn't work at all when I ran it on my ZX-UNO. I've re-uploaded the test version which should hopefully fix the issue. Well, it starts on my ZX_UNO now. :)
This one (BROWSE_TEST022-1.zip) works again for me now on divMMC.

But still getting Speccy-Reset/" "No such FILE or DIR, 0:1"" message on divIDE/No_MMC-Version (under Fuse and SpecEmu with 256MB .HDF-Size).