The best Speccy game by Redwood Designs: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by Redwood Designs: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

"Who?" you may very well ask. Redwood Designs was one of quite a few names for the Shaw Brothers, who appear to have made most (if not all) of their games in compiled BASIC and many of them can be found in the back catalogue of Atlantis Software. Redwood Designs is depicted on this site as an actual publisher, although I can't remember their stuff being in the shops?

Redwood Designs is the subject of these polls because that first issue of Crash is now exhausted and so I've opted to go through the final issue of Sinclair User, to cover the other end of the commercial era. Yep, leaping forward to 1993!

The name Redwood Designs comes up early, as they have contributed the feature game on the covertape, Pizza Bar.

Going through this site, these are the six tangible ZX Spectrum games they published:

Football Glory
Gunpowder, Treason And Plot
Hop 'N' Chop
Pizza Bar
Soccer Supremo
Street Cred

But have I got anything wrong? Missed anything? Do let me know before next week!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!