A great loss for the retro community

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
RMartins
Manic Miner

A great loss for the retro community

Post by RMartins »

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/22/ ... ssian-bomb

Lost of Retro machines have been destroyed. :evil:
Luzie
Manic Miner

Re: A great loss for the retro community

Post by Luzie »

Too bad. But of course human loss in any form is a different category of damage. Anyway thanks for posting it!

Here we can find these infos on german websites: https://8bit-museum.de/krieg-in-der-ukr ... zerstoert/ and: https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4043

Edited by PJ
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Russians love 8-bit micros! This must have been an accident?
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Lee Bee wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:50 am Russians love 8-bit micros! This must have been an accident?
Dear @Lee Bee we should leave speculations or political discussions out of this forum. If you want to discuss this further, please send me an PM. Thank you!
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Sorry, it wasn't intended as a political comment, more of a friendly joke. Sorry!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Let's hope that this nightmare in Ukraine ends as soon as possible.

EDIT: I'll add one thing. When a man dies, it's a real loss. Matherial things aren't that important after all.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Luzie wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:09 am
Lee Bee wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:50 am Russians love 8-bit micros! This must have been an accident?
Dear @Lee Bee we should leave speculations or political discussions out of this forum. If you want to discuss this further, please send me an PM. Thank you!
I doubt that your flag in the avatar, will help us avoid political connotations and discussions on this retro forum.
If we are going to avoid political topics, then it should be completely, not partially.
I would have something more to say, but I dont intend to continue this conversation, neither here nor at the PM, because I know that it cannot end in a good way. :|
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Honestly I know nothing about what's happening with Russia, or what's going on. I couldn't tell you what countries are involved. I don't watch TV or read newspapers, I'm just not interested in wars and things like that. Not interested in Covid either, and don't understand why everyone keeps talking about it. These kind of issues just do not interest me. I do my best to avoid that kind of thing, which is why I'm not on social media.

The issues which I have strong views on are moral ones - especially gender - but, as I've said, I won't raise those here. I am a peaceful man and hate quarreling. Yes, I display my home nation's flag in my YT avatar. I really don't see how supporting one's own persecuted people can be considered 'controversial'. But each to his own! :) Good day to you all!