Extruder

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Re: Extruder

Post by hikoki »

[mention]druellan[/mention] Another option could be Retroarch's Netplay.
Simply Austin made a nice Retropie image for Spectrum games.
According to this video review, netplay performs much better on the PC than the Pi
https://youtu.be/jbmyO-iFJ0g
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Oh, thanks for that!

A couple of member use Retroarch for streaming, I'm going to ask about it, but if I remember correctly, the FUSE core for Retroarch is not Netplay capable. I might be wrong, though.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

druellan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 pm ..the FUSE core for Retroarch is not Netplay capable. I might be wrong, though.
There could be some way to install other emulators? something to ask the Retroarch developers.
The Pi version seems to support FBZX and two Fuse core versions : https://github.com/retropie/retropie-se ... X-Spectrum
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

From the netplay-faq on Libretro's site
Which cores work for netplay?
* On a technical level, every core that supports save states should work but the performance requirements may be too high for it to work in any practical level.
Save states.. Is not RZX and rollback what this is about? Maybe [mention]serbalgi[/mention] , [mention]Fred[/mention] et al. have overlooked the possibility to support Netplay on Retroarch :)
I guess Libretro only supports open source emulators. Apart from Fuse, another one that supports RZX is Unreal Speccy Portable. By the way, [mention]PeterJ[/mention] USP has an addon for Chrome browser that may be useful to support playing online.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Interesting! Save states is the way EmuZWin does it AFAIK, and Plus-F is doing something similar but fragmenting the packets to improve latency.
Fred
Drutt

Post by Fred »

hikoki wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:39 pm Save states.. Is not RZX and rollback what this is about? Maybe @serbalgi , @Fred et al. have overlooked the possibility to support Netplay on Retroarch :)
The fuse team don’t make the libretro plugin for Fuse, I do know that the person that does was investigating upgrading it to a newer version and I think it could be expanded to support lots more of these features (snapshot states are absolutely possible as far as I can see).
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

hikoki wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:39 pm @PeterJ USP has an addon for Chrome browser that may be useful to support playing online.
I'm going to check that!
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

druellan wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 pm
hikoki wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:39 pm @PeterJ USP has an addon for Chrome browser that may be useful to support playing online.
I'm going to check that!
Yes, I didn't know about this either because my old PCs don't support Chrome. NaCl means native client. C/Cplus emulators running natively on the Browser? :shock: this could be useful for other emulators which are coded in C/Cplus like Fuse and Zesarux
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Fred wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 pm The fuse team don’t make the libretro plugin for Fuse, I do know that the person that does was investigating upgrading it to a newer version and I think it could be expanded to support lots more of these features (snapshot states are absolutely possible as far as I can see).
Thanks for considering "snapshots states" !!
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

I've learnt about Fuse-Libretro
https://github.com/libretro/fuse-libretro
supports save states. Could this be used for Retroarch's Netplay?