Beta Basic Newsletter: 13, 14 and 15

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

PeterJ
Site Admin

Beta Basic Newsletter: 13, 14 and 15

Post by PeterJ »

I'm very grateful to @morane who has kindly scanned issues 13, 14 and 15 of the Beta BASIC Newsletter for us. Thanks also go to @flatduckrecords who converted these to PDF. The file sizes are large to maintain the image quality.

The PDFs are available here. I also have the original JPG scans if anyone would like them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Just a note that the line at the bottom of page 9 in issue 13 is hard to read (This is the case on the original document). Alain believes it reads 'single Plus 2 ROM. The machine then acted like a Plus 2 and ran'.

Please feel free to share these via social media or on your own websites. All I request is that you include a link back to this post.

Enjoy!

@Einar Saukas - Would you be OK to add these to ZXDB please?

Edited to correct numbering
Nige
Dizzy

Re: Beta Basic Newsletter: 13, 14 and 15

Post by Nige »

When I get back to my Spectrum, I've been a bit busy with other stuff lately 😉
I'll try and finish the type-ins of examples and demos from the BB Newsletters.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

PeterJ wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:51 pm @Einar Saukas - Would you be OK to add these to ZXDB please?
Done!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

@flatduckrecords has very kindly re-typed issue 13. The PDF is attached to this post, so you can now copy text as you wish.

There is a fascinating piece by Andrew Wright which starts on page 4 which goes into great detail about how wonderful the new SAM Coupé was going to be. How sad that things ended the way they did.

Peter
Attachments
bb13rt.zip
(248.26 KiB) Downloaded 8 times