Janitor Jim

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Janitor Jim

Post by Andre Leao »

Another wonderful game preserved...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... m-mia.html
✓ Processed
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Janitor Jim

Post by R-Tape »

Nice find. Added to the DB queue.

Do you know for sure it's Ballbreaker's Richard Taylor?
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Hum, not really. You´re right, it may be another coder with the same name...
Sol_HSA
Microbot

Post by Sol_HSA »

Andre Leao wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:16 am Hum, not really. You´re right, it may be another coder with the same name...
Fun fact, when I was doing the speccy version of "waiting for the light" I wanted to contact the author of the game book to get permission to release the speccy version, but there was no contact info... so I sent mail to all the dozen people of the same name that I found on the net until I found him. =)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Sol_HSA wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:35 am Fun fact, when I was doing the speccy version of "waiting for the light" I wanted to contact the author of the game book to get permission to release the speccy version, but there was no contact info... so I sent mail to all the dozen people of the same name that I found on the net until I found him. =)
I´m doing the same here, for the portuguese MIAs. Sometimes I'm sending emails for 4/5 persons with the same name. At the end, I usually find the right person (the one that replies)... ;)
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Total missed this thread.

Seems unlikely it's the existing Richard Taylor, unless you have that confirmed?... Richard Taylor was a very common name.

I'll do a bit of digging but the other names aren't familiar to me. (If Mark Healy has an "e", that name would've been).

Is there an inlay or anything else for the program?
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I've put all three authors down as new labels until more info comes to light. I agree that it's unlikely to be Richard M Taylor based on the rest of his work.

If anyone's up for a bit of sleuthing, Philip McKuhen isn't a common name, and could be a good lead on social media.
8BitAG wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:50 pm Is there an inlay or anything else for the program?
Thread calling @Gilby :mrgreen:
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Yes, I've approached the most obvious Phil on the social media platforms.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.