Russian ATM Turbo 2+

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Russian ATM Turbo 2+

Post by PeterJ »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:10 pm Fire'n'Ice doesn't run on a standard Spectrum.
Let me clarify. I can run it in a mainstream emulator like Fuse that supports TR-DOS. It runs on a 128K Spectrum is what I'm referring to rather than specifically needing a Russian machine.

I've never used the editor.

Not sure what the trolling comment means, but let's move on.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Lethargeek wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:10 pm 2. Miner (1995) (под цвет на точку)
3. Reversy (1995) (под цвет на точку)
4. Король под горой (1994) (под цвет на точку)
5. Magi Squares (1994-1995) (под цвет на точку)
6. Color Fight (1995) (под цвет на точку)
7. Color Logic (1994) (под цвет на точку)
8. Color Lines (1994) (под цвет на точку)
9. Green Peace (1994) (под цвет на точку)
10. The Hunter (1994) (под цвет на точку)
11. Mine (1994) (под цвет на точку)
12. Gobliiins (1994) (есть две версии под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
13. Prince of Persia (1993) (есть версия под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
14. Страна Мифов (1995)
so you don't know?
there may be as well not even two dozens even with profi games
Count Profi games yourself. But be careful. Your mistakes in ATM-Turbo games:
# Miner came in January 1995, before UFO: Enemy Unknown (23 February 1995).
# Reversy was at the same disk as Miner.
# Magi Squares came in 1994, the second version is from 1995.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:22 pm I can run it in a mainstream emulator like Fuse that supports TR-DOS.
The whole reason for Western emulators (except Es.pectrum) to support only Pentagon and Scorpion is this only article from 1997: https://worldofspectrum.net/features/rusfaq/index.html
Most of Russian ZX Spectrum scene had no Internet access before ~2002. So its voice was not heard.
This can be fixed now, especially in the case of Fuse. ATM-Turbo is easy to emulate (it doesn't even require precise timings).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Alone Coder[/mention],

Have you reached out the to Fuse developers? I think they use SourceForge.

Also ZEsarUX has partial support that could do with some work.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 pm Have you reached out the to Fuse developers? I think they use SourceForge.
As far as I remember, I tried to e-mail them a few years ago, but I had no response. However, I know cases of black-listing of Russian e-mail addresses. I also tried to write them (or people looked like them) at some forum, but I had no response, again.
I think, the only means to spread the information about Russian Spectrum clones is by English-speaking people themselves. That'a because a typical English ZX Spectrum user doesn't read Russian ZX Spectrum press at all, even if it's in English (like Info Guide and ACNews), but he reads English forums, looks in English YouTube etc.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 pm That's because a typical English ZX Spectrum user doesn't read Russian ZX Spectrum press at all, even if it's in English (like Info Guide and ACNews), but he reads English forums, looks in English YouTube etc.
That's probably true.
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:26 pm Count Profi games yourself.
why me? it's your job to support your claims
Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:26 pm # Miner came in January 1995, before UFO: Enemy Unknown (23 February 1995).
# Reversy was at the same disk as Miner.
wow, "already existed" for a whole month before the UFO!!!
...and still, as i said, most of these games were a joke

btw i rechecked the txt of ATM games and i see that Prince is 2012 there??
Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:10 pm Fire'n'Ice doesn't run on a standard Spectrum. It requires 128K with Beta 128 Disk Interface, and its editor requires Scorpion 256K.
Don't troll and you won't get trolled.
that's too fat even for you
by this logic almost nothing runs on a "standard spectrum" because it requires an external tape recorder
(and +2 with its internal recorder is "non-standard" because it has 128k)))
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Lethargeek wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:20 pm btw i rechecked the txt of ATM games and i see that Prince is 2012 there??
Another mistake (or desinformation) of yours. Prince was released in !!!1993!!! (see the book "Персональный компьютер TURBO 2+. Инструкция по сборке и настройке", Москва, 1993), and the version archived at Maksagor's site is dated 1994.
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:32 pm
Lethargeek wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:20 pm btw i rechecked the txt of ATM games and i see that Prince is 2012 there??
Another mistake (or desinformation) of yours. Prince was released in !!!1993!!! (see the book "Персональный компьютер TURBO 2+. Инструкция по сборке и настройке", Москва, 1993), and the version archived at Maksagor's site is dated 1994.
if it's a mistake, then it's not mine - in two lists i have now there's no date in the one, and 2012 in the another
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I'm temporarily locking this thread, and will discuss with Dave about opening it again.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The thread is being opened again, but please keep to the original subject. Thank you.
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

Hi

I've already talked to Alone Coder about this subject

ZX Baseconf emulation is not working on ZEsarUX. I've spent lots of hours trying to emulate but I haven't suceeded. Need to have complete documentation in English (when I tried almost everything was in Russian) and spend more hours again.

Sorry but it's not a priority for me. Maybe in a near future, maybe not

Cheers
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Alone Coder[/mention] sent me some English language documentation for the ATM Turbo 2+ / Evolution which I'm sharing here. The files were originally in Open Document Format and compressed with RAR (Its odd how in the UK we don't tend to use RAR as ZIP is much more popular - probably because Windows natively supports zip files). Anyway I have converted both files to PDF to make them as accessible as possible.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

It should be noted that bit 4 sets max speed (7 MHz for default machine). There are intermediate speeds on ZX Evo and Pentagon 2.666, accessible with port #eff7 that normally should not be used in user programs (contains 0 by default for 3.5/max speed turbo handling, 16 for intermediate speed instead of max speed).
Palette port #ff should be accessed with "out (#ff),a", not "outi", for the sake of compatibility with ATM3/DDp 444 palette (the least significant bits are encoded in A15..A8 in the same order).
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

BK-0010 emulator now runs games Klad, Digger, Otello, Dark, Sokoban 2019, and intros mona, morf, bscope, fl512, frblur, kld19nm_bk10, metaballs. Many other programs now work partially (Leopol, pacman2, ninza, miraclebk, road2cafe, movblobs, tron). Added mono/colour change (4+5).
Three Sisters' Story: censored pictures fixed, screen update fixed, sources included in repo
Runaway City (Meisou Toshi): Japanese censure added (18+!), sources included in repo
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Season of the Sakura: new English translation, sources added (Transman).

BK emulator: many fixes thanks to Manwe. Screen mode switch (b/w, pseudo-colour, RGB colour). Runs leopol, cputest, 2csi4k, lines, most of cindy2, keyboard, maze, etc.

Moon Rabbit (gopher client by Nihirash): new versions for ATM serial port and Kondratyev's serial port (Kulich).

Task manager (tm.com) added to NedoOS (Kulich).

DimkaM's utilities for NedoOS are now open source. Watchdog added in dmirc. DNS calls added in NedoOS kernel.

DDp's R4G4B4 (ATM3) palette added to ZX Evo baseconf, thanks to DimkaM: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... evo_fw.bin
So, ZX Evolution is the most compatible machine again :)

Three Sisters' Story with ATM3 palette (streamed by Louisa):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smiom5TJLB0
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

ATM3 palette is supported in Unreal Speccy (thanks to Dexus for help): http://svn.zxevo.ru/listing.php?repname ... d3f5eb9121
Kulich made schematics for adding this palette to ATM-Turbo 2+ and ordered a board to test it (work in progress).

So, all major ATM2 compatible setups can now have a R4G4B4 palette (ATM2, ATM3, Pentagon 2.666LE, ZX Evo, Es.pectrum, Xpeccy, Unreal Speccy). I'm not sure about other emulators (EmuZWin, ZXMAK2 etc.). Pentagon 2.666 (without LE) is currently being fixed by the author for compatibility.

Kulich added ATM2 COM-port in Moon Rabbit Gopher browser (in NedoOS repository http://nedoos.ru/svn/ ).

Demos: NEO SPECTRUMAN made a zoom rotator for ATM screen, I added ATM3 support in Noise demo (both in NedoOS repository), Dragons' Lord made a new version of my 3D engine with DOOM map, for it I made corrections in the engine for better precision (the updates are constantly posted in Discord: https://discord.gg/q3EKNP3H ).
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Kuluch has made ATM3 palette for ATM2:
ACNews #74 is out: https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=90429
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Spectrum owners with a Divide/Divmmc interface know about the great demo Bad Apple 2, which works great even on standard 128k models.
Yesterday I noticed an enhanced color version for the ZX Evo, which really looks great.
It probably works on ATM2 as well, but I haven't tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncwDRFj6Umk
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

This is not for ATM2. ATM2 had its own video player "SOULATM" that works from CD (on the same engine that was used in Time Gal).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm7WsJ5HW38
The player was released in Info Guide #9. Pentagon 128+16C+NemoIDE version of this player is also included.
There is also a version of ATM video player with added menu, made by Maksagor: http://atmturbo.nedopc.com/load_cdrom.htm#cd_soft

BTW x86 emulator was fixed again, now the games Livingstone Supongo, Last Mission, Goody, Ratillery are usable! Possibly more games will work, I should test.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

New terminal is added, not using the text mode, it has 33 lines:
Menu is now using the terminal:
New utilities: print (for LPT printer at AY ports), 866towin, winto866
trdosfs (in NedoOS kernel and in NedoLang) now returns file date counted from file number (for future "make" utility)
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

vic20 emulator "Twenty Commodes" has been ported to NedoOS.

Chip8 emulator by NEO SPECTRUMAN has been ported to NedoOS (with software such as Cave Explorer, ChipWar, chipenstein (mod by NS), F8Z, Hidden, PUZZLE, Reversi, Worm V4, Rush Hour demo, Trip8 Demo (mod by NS), BBPlayer (NS)).

Kulich made another wget for ATM2 with an external microcontroller as a networking device.

Transman made a new game: Книга мёртвых - потерянные души (Book of the Dead) supporting ATM3 palette
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

ZXZVM has been ported to NedoOS.
Dhrystone for NedoOS.
Kulich made another "time" utility for ATM2 with an external microcontroller as a networking device.
calc for NedoOS (80-bit floats, functions, expressions).

Runaway City gameplay:

Book of the Dead gameplay:

ATM-Turbo is now known to have 658 software titles, not counting generic TR-DOS, CP/M, ZXZVM programs that can work completely on other ZX Spectrum clones.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Maksagor made an ADC test for TASiS:
and supported 8 channels in ADC v1.01 for CP/M
Dragons' Lord made demoversions of SUPER Trucks and Quake 3
demoversion of Worms for ATM2
holub supported АТМ-Turbo2+ in MAME
"man" utility for NedoOS
new libraries for NedoOS: prdword, bmp, textwindow
test ATM-Turbo 2+ ROM (fits in 512 bytes) for upcoming FPGA emulators
new mini-book "How to program ATM-Turbo 2+": https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4315/-.doc
nedoview now supports 53c,atr,zxs (DimkaM)
nedoplayer now supports et,etc,cmp,tfd,tfm (DimkaM, Alone Coder, Galstaff)
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Multicolor in Shock fixed for ATM-Turbo (Maksagor).
ngsdec 0.1: player for streamed music via NeoGS. Supports all the decoders by VLSI Solution: mp3, ogg, aac, mid (Galstaff).
DNS in NedoOS kernel, fixed Moon Rabbit and Nedobrowser (Kulich).
holub supported ZX Evo baseconf in MAME.
MCX View *.grf mode fixed for ZX Evo.
Worms: now you can jump and aim, several other fixes.
Cyrus2: now supports Chess960 (without castling yet), recoloured.