RIP Daren Pearcy

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Re: RIP Daren Pearcy

Post by Lee Bee »

equinox wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:10 am Did you read what I wrote though? Nobody knows the login/password so that channel is dead.
It's a long-shot, but I just thought someone may be able to contact his wife, who may be techie enough to access the account?
clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

edited by R-Tape

I don't know Daren or his wife, but I'm sure she'd know his hobby was something that was very important to him. Would she be upset about someone wanting to preserve and continue his legacy? Obviously things may be extremely raw for some time and you don't want to add extra burden like digging out passwords until the time is right...
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

Lee Bee wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:13 am
equinox wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:10 am Did you read what I wrote though? Nobody knows the login/password so that channel is dead.
It's a long-shot, but I just thought someone may be able to contact his wife, who may be techie enough to access the account?
This is the singular reason I have a Gmail account. It's set up with a switch to give access to a designated contact if you don't log in for a month.

edited by R-Tape
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Fellas I've soft deleted a few posts. I'll have a chat with Peter later, but we should keep this thread as a tribute that anyone, even people close to Daren, could read. Perhaps preserving the RZX archive is possible when the time is right, but probably not in this manner in this thread.
AleZX
Drutt

Post by AleZX »

I was afraid it might happen when I noticed that there were no new updates on The RZX Archive. For the last 9 years we have been sending RZX files of classic videogames and he always attended us with great cordiality and kindness. His work on the RZX Archive was second to none. Very sad news! Really sorry to hear it.
pavero wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:02 am Temporary solution, if you have new / unpublished RZX files you can upload them here.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/zxdb/ad ... ew_rzx.php
Thanks!
Ralf wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:04 am And I really hope that Rzx Archive will survive.
Me too!