Soko Ban

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Soko Ban

Post by Andre Leao »

Now, the original file and something more (to read)...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... ginal.html

PROCESSED
DH 09/10/23. Files added and minimum model changed to 48/128
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Soko Ban

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers both, I've added the files to the queue and sent the correction for model. Can I ask Massimo where his original file came from?
ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Post by ParadigmShifter »

Sokoban is a good game but it's just a set of minigame levels in NetHack isn't it ;)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 pm Cheers both, I've added the files to the queue and sent the correction for model. Can I ask Massimo where his original file came from?
gonna ask him ;)
Supamax
Drutt

Post by Supamax »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 pm Cheers both, I've added the files to the queue and sent the correction for model. Can I ask Massimo where his original file came from?
Hi mate :),
the .tap file is not 'strictly' the original one (sorry André, this was probably not clear in my e-mail), but the more similar possible to the original we currently have. I derived it from the original .z80, which was uncorrectly saved by the author as a 128K snapshot. It's not the first time I notice this (I often find/see 48K programs saved as 128K/+2/Pentagon .z80s, and I fix them whenever possible).

The previous .tzx file on Planeta Sinclair was derived (with the Z802TZX v1.2 utility) from the original .z80, but can't be loaded on a 48K Spectrum, and is missing the initial copyright message.
So... my .tap file is not original from the author (or sampled from tape), but surely is more original/correct than the .tzx file :).

Maybe it's probably better entitling the post on Planeta Sinclair as " Soko Ban (versão melhor)" - or something similar - instead of "Soko Ban (versão original)" ... :)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Thanks for clarify it :)