Adhesive labels

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
roganjosh
Drutt

Adhesive labels

Post by roganjosh »

Having got round to making notes of all the mods I've made to my Spectrums I thought I'd put a sticky label on the bottom of each, listing the details. There's where I hit a problem. None of the labels I've tried want to stick to the underside of Spectrum+ or rubber key Spectrum cases. Neither does Sellotape (I mean the UK kind of Sellotape, not the Australian kind). Can anyone point me to a make/brand/type/URL/etc of labels suitable for the purpose? Preferably ones which will put up a bit of a fight, but not too much, if I ever need to remove them.
TomD
Manic Miner

Re: Adhesive labels

Post by TomD »

I use a Dymo LetraTag printer for this exact purpose, with white paper labels, and they stick fine.

Also if you are having issues with things sticking, have you tried a bit of Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to remove any grease on the surface?

TomD
Retro enthusiast and author of Flynn's Adventure in Bombland, The Order of Mazes & Maze Death Rally-X. Check them out at http://tomdalby.com
roganjosh
Drutt

Post by roganjosh »

Thanks. IPA has had some effect, though the case had been cleaned with detergent previously. The dymo looks nice and I'll probably invest in one. I remember its ancestors from my youth which produced embossed labels. It never took long for the trigger mechanism to snap. A real point of weakness, though my youthful physical actions likely lacked a bit of subtlety.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

The plastic used for the case is only normal ABS. I have not had any problems using normal white paper labels (and these are over 20 years old, I have a roll of them from yonks ago).

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
RST#08
Drutt

Post by RST#08 »

There's always a flowchart for something it seems :D

https://www.labelplanet.co.uk/labels-bl ... ve-labels/
roganjosh
Drutt

Post by roganjosh »

Impressive. Anyone got a Venn diagram?