The best Speccy game by Realtime Games Software: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by Realtime Games Software: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Renowned for producing Starfox, Starglider, Carrier Command and Battle Commmand on the Speccy, but none of those revered games will appear in this shortlist, because it's all about the PUBLISHED games from the brand, rather than games published on other labels (Reaktor, Firebird and Ocean in the case of what I've just mentioned). Not uncommon for a few developers to start off as developer/publishers in the early half of the Speccy's commercial era and then dedicate themselves just to development and hand it over to a company to publish, which is what we have here.

Hence, my shortlist is just four games, but they're fairly alright really:

3D Starstrike
3D Tank Duel
Knight Flight
Starstrike II

Any mistakes? Let me know before next Sunday morning.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Stefan
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Realtime Games Software: discussion

Post by Stefan »

So we’re including QL games in this poll? (Hint: it’s the title you’ve never heard of before today)
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by Realtime Games Software: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Stefan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:18 am So we’re including QL games in this poll? (Hint: it’s the title you’ve never heard of before today)
Oops! *slaps forehead*

3D Starstrike
3D Tank Duel
Starstrike II

Right then, that's the revised shortlist!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!